Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nikos

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 20, 2008
New York
Back when the new iPad launched, a bunch of us experienced various screen issues. The most apparent being yellow, green, pink and uneven tinting. After going through a bunch of new iPads, I decided to give up and wait.

Have the screens improved at all since? I ended up getting a really good deal from craigslist yesterday, but it's a week 13 (April) production model. If the newer productions are better, I will go to the store instead. :eek:

I'd love to hear feedback from people who are aware of the early production screen issues and who also have experience with newer production models.

kokhean

macrumors regular
Dec 30, 2010
Back when the new iPad launched, a bunch of us experienced various screen issues. The most apparent being yellow, green, pink and uneven tinting. After going through a bunch of new iPads, I decided to give up and wait.

Have the screens improved at all since? I ended up getting a really good deal from craigslist yesterday, but it's a week 13 (April) production model. If the newer productions are better, I will go to the store instead. :eek:

I'd love to hear feedback from people who are aware of the early production screen issues and who also have experience with newer production models.

You can simply use tweaks like Springtomize 2 or Color Profiles to tweak the screen tint. No worries :)

kingdummkopf

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2012
i think it varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. i was in the apple store today, and i was looked at 6 ipads that were on display. none of them were the same, colour-wise. some looked more yellow-y, some more blue, and grey.

seadragon

Contributor
Mar 10, 2009

I checked out the new iPads again this week and they have the same multi-tinted screens as before. I bought a new iPad 2 instead and am very happy with it. White, evenly lit screen, runs cool even at full brightness, goes for days on a single charge, charges very fast and also will charge if being used while plugged in.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.