Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

latisha1903

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 28, 2005
houston
::new to mac::

i have a powerbook g4 (tiger) 15inch
-1.67 GHz
-512 MB DDR SDRAM

just trying to see how much storage i've used, and how much i have left.

pulsewidth947

macrumors 65816
Jan 25, 2005
click on the hard drive on your desktop and then do apple+i (apple, cmd, command its all the same). That'll show you the "Get Info" menu.

Or, right click (control+click) on the harddrive and choose "Get Info".

The Available amount is what your after.

latisha1903

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 28, 2005
houston
pulsewidth947 said:
click on the hard drive on your desktop and then do apple+i (apple, cmd, command its all the same). That'll show you the "Get Info" menu.

Or, right click (control+click) on the harddrive and choose "Get Info".

The Available amount is what your after.

I have 74.41GB capacity

29.95GB - available
44.45GB - used

i don't even have any large programs on my computer.

nothing like office for osx, or indesign or anything, which i will be eventually getting. how do i clean this up...i don't see how i've used so much.

i have used idvd a few times. should i delete those that i've created so clear us storage?

crdean1

macrumors 6502a
Feb 14, 2005
Texas
latisha1903 said:
I have 74.41GB capacity

29.95GB - available
44.45GB - used

i don't even have any large programs on my computer.

nothing like office for osx, or indesign or anything, which i will be eventually getting. how do i clean this up...i don't see how i've used so much.

i have used idvd a few times. should i delete those that i've created so clear us storage?

Idvd files usually are related to larger files, like movies or slideshows. So ctrl click (left click) on all of your movie files, and idvd projects and choose get info. Then you will be able to see how big all of these files are. I recently cleared off some 5 min. movies I had on there and was able to free up 7GB of space. Just back up your files to a dvd so you will always have them.

RD

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.