Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Jul 29, 2012, 07:18 PM   #1
canyonblue737
macrumors 6502a

Wish Reminders iCloud wasn't tied to Calendar iCloud

When looking at iCloud prefs you can see that Notes has its own checkbox but Reminders is paired with the Calendar checkbox. My wife and I share my Calendar via my iCloud ID, but we would love to have separate Reminders iCloud sync, one to a 24 inch iMac in the kitchen and the other to a 27 inch iMac in the office but this can't be done without losing the common Calendar. Really silly and iCloud still isn't flexible enough for an active family that wants to share some data among devices but not all.
canyonblue737 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2012, 07:27 PM   #2
jamesvdm
macrumors regular

The proper way is to have separate iCloud accounts and use the share calendar function between family members.
jamesvdm is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2012, 07:48 PM   #3
brand
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by canyonblue737 View Post
My wife and I share my Calendar via my iCloud ID, but we would love to have separate Reminders iCloud sync, one to a 24 inch iMac in the kitchen and the other to a 27 inch iMac in the office but this can't be done without losing the common Calendar. Really silly and iCloud still isn't flexible enough for an active family that wants to share some data among devices but not all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jobs
You're doing it wrong.
iCloud/iTunes accounts are meant to be user specific and not shared between people. Yes you can use it as it was not intended but then you run into situations such as yours.
brand is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion