Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games

Old Mar 2, 2015, 03:57 PM   #1
Dirtyharry50
macrumors 65816

Eschalon Book 1 Free for PPC Macs

I stumbled upon this just now while reading some stuff about the Book III release and thought I would share it here just in case somebody has an old Power PC Mac, likes old school role playing games and wants to give this one a spin for free.

Scroll down about halfway and you'll see where the developers mention finding it in their files so they decided to give the game away to anybody who could use it in this version:

http://basiliskgames.com

By the way, anybody played the more recent OS X versions of the series? I've heard one and two are pretty good but three received decidedly mixed reviews for being too short, cryptic main quest, etc. Then again, some people still enjoyed it despite the flaws reported in the final installment.
Dirtyharry50 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2015, 07:58 AM   #2
txa1265
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyharry50 View Post
By the way, anybody played the more recent OS X versions of the series? I've heard one and two are pretty good but three received decidedly mixed reviews for being too short, cryptic main quest, etc. Then again, some people still enjoyed it despite the flaws reported in the final installment.
Yeah, that is what a lot of people say. Personally I very much enjoyed all three, but the third is the one I would rank lowest of the three, with the first as best. But still all are better than most commercial RPGs I have played over the last decade
txa1265 is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games