Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Jul 29, 2012, 11:21 PM   #1
fins831
macrumors 6502a

The Notification Center is Amazing

I just wanted to comment on how quick viewing the notification center on my MBP is just amazing. Yes I have an iphone and I don't find myself using it that often, but quick viewing on my MBP is just amazing.

I mean on the laptop it just feels better, more useful than the iPhone...I have about 5 calender appoints and 6 reminders. I probably remember most of em, but the reminders + Siri has been amazing, and now iCloud syncing and quick viewing on my laptop is just so easy. I won't say its going to increase my productivity or whatnot, just that I thought it was a great idea and that taking 5 secs every morning before or once I get to work to quick view is going to be so easy. Instead of using the Notification center on my iPhone I actually found myself going through reminders and calender apps, it just didn't feel like it belonged on my iphone...this belongs on my laptop

I love the quick ability to tweet, and I am not a fan of facebook, I do get tagged in pics and posts every now and then, so it will be nice to drive by view if I have been mentioned (when it is released).

Notification center is a great feature on the laptop, and I enjoy it more now than I did on my iPhone.
fins831 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2012, 12:29 AM   #2
east85
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to east85
Quote:
Originally Posted by fins831 View Post
I just wanted to comment on how quick viewing the notification center on my MBP is just amazing. Yes I have an iphone and I don't find myself using it that often, but quick viewing on my MBP is just amazing.

I mean on the laptop it just feels better, more useful than the iPhone...I have about 5 calender appoints and 6 reminders. I probably remember most of em, but the reminders + Siri has been amazing, and now iCloud syncing and quick viewing on my laptop is just so easy. I won't say its going to increase my productivity or whatnot, just that I thought it was a great idea and that taking 5 secs every morning before or once I get to work to quick view is going to be so easy. Instead of using the Notification center on my iPhone I actually found myself going through reminders and calender apps, it just didn't feel like it belonged on my iphone...this belongs on my laptop

I love the quick ability to tweet, and I am not a fan of facebook, I do get tagged in pics and posts every now and then, so it will be nice to drive by view if I have been mentioned (when it is released).

Notification center is a great feature on the laptop, and I enjoy it more now than I did on my iPhone.
I feel the exact same way about it. I honestly have been using Twitter a lot more as of recent due to the ease of updating and sharing. Mail and calendar notifications are like a godsend for me because I always have variable appointments going on. It really does make my life easier. Also getting a notification when I sell an item immediately is nice.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 12:50 AM   #3
Roofy.
macrumors 6502a

Ive been using the reminders app, notes app, and calender app alot more now since mountain lion. I love that it automatically goes straight from the phone to the computer and vice versa.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 12:57 AM   #4
fins831
macrumors 6502a

Yeah I love using Siri for reminders and having them pop-up on my laptop now. iOS to Mountain Lion is just perfect. I very much enjoy typing up a grocery list on my laptop, or using voice dictation, and then just going to the store and boom its there.

Trying to tweet in the notification center with voice dictation and I am still a little off but I will get it....but I change my calender at home and at work and on my phone, and use my phone for reminders, and having everything in one place on my laptop is just amazing.

Making my life easier one step at a time.
fins831 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2012, 02:49 AM   #5
hafr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fins831 View Post
Yeah I love using Siri for reminders and having them pop-up on my laptop now. iOS to Mountain Lion is just perfect. I very much enjoy typing up a grocery list on my laptop, or using voice dictation, and then just going to the store and boom its there.

Trying to tweet in the notification center with voice dictation and I am still a little off but I will get it....but I change my calender at home and at work and on my phone, and use my phone for reminders, and having everything in one place on my laptop is just amazing.

Making my life easier one step at a time.
I've read about people getting into trouble because of tweets and Facebook status updates, I wonder if dictation/Siri will result in people getting caught "in the act", thinking they're in the clear but the boss really standing within earshot?

"Siri. Tweet my boss sucks"

hafr is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion