Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rickeames

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 12, 2008
I can make calls using the internal speaker. I can adjust the alert volume. But when I push the buttons on the side to adjust ringer volume - nothing. I can't listen to music, and no text or call sounds. I've reset to no avail. All works with headphones.

I am baffled.

squidkitten

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2012
Omaha
I can make calls using the internal speaker. I can adjust the alert volume. But when I push the buttons on the side to adjust ringer volume - nothing. I can't listen to music, and no text or call sounds. I've reset to no avail. All works with headphones.

I am baffled.

This happened to my iPhone 4 last year! I have no idea how it happened. I couldn't play music through the speakers, I had no notification sounds, but for some reason I could get my ringtone to play when someone called. It was so bizarre!

I took it to the Apple Store and a very baffled Genius replaced my phone no problem at all.

It was so strange!

Jane257

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2012
I experienced the same problem. Luckily Apple repaired it without a problem. Still have no idea what it was.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.