Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011
How come my iPad notes can't sync with iCloud via my Apple ID? It keeps prompting me to create an @me email in order to sync my notes from my iPad to the cloud.

I want to have my notes show up on my Air which is running Mountain Lion.

Anyone have a clue?

Fattytail

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2012
How come my iPad notes can't sync with iCloud via my Apple ID? It keeps prompting me to create an @me email in order to sync my notes from my iPad to the cloud.

I want to have my notes show up on my Air which is running Mountain Lion.

Anyone have a clue?

I ran into this problem too. Just follow the instructions and create an @me email (even if you already have one). Then turn on Notes in the iCloud settings on both your Mac and your iPad. Should all work after that.

Make sure you're actually logged in with your Apple ID before doing all this.

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011
I ran into this problem too. Just follow the instructions and create an @me email (even if you already have one). Then turn on Notes in the iCloud settings on both your Mac and your iPad. Should all work after that.

Make sure you're actually logged in with your Apple ID before doing all this.

Bizarre. Thanks. It's working now.

Kind of annoying how I'm forced to have an @me email and an @apple email. I thought @me was dead?

Fattytail

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2012

Kind of annoying how I'm forced to have an @me email and an @apple email. I thought @me was dead?

You don't actually have to use it at all, though, so to me it's just a minor annoyance. I think on my iPhone an inbox was automatically created for this new me.com address, but I just ignore it.

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011

MobileMe is dead. iCloud still uses @me.com for email though.

http://www.apple.com/icloud/features/calendar-contacts-mail.html
Mail that delivers. Free.
When you set up iCloud, you get a free me.com email account. iCloud automatically pushes new email messages to all your devices, so your inbox is up to date everywhere you check it. And iCloud keeps all your folders in sync, no matter which device you’re using.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.