Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eroxx

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2010
I have deleted soundflower but I am still seeing remnants of it.
In system audio, for example, it appears as an option,

Please help!

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Why not just install an app like AppTrap that deletes all the elements of the deleted program?
Because in most cases, app removal software like AppTrap doesn't do a thorough job of finding and removing files/folders related to deleted apps. For more information, read this and this. If you just want to delete the app, drag the .app file to the trash. No other software needed. If you want to completely remove all associated files/folders, no removal apps will do the job.

sfxguy

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2011
Los Angeles
In the disk image, their is a uninstaller. You will need to run that then reboot your mac.

I have soundflower on my system as well, I have no idea what installed it. Final cut didn't, CS6 didn't and from what I have read I have no use for it.

You mentioned the uninstaller on a disk, what could have put it there, what disk is this uninstaller on, and how do I get rid of it.

Everytime I disconnect my Thunderbolt monitor it defaults to it and is very annoying.

Michaelgtrusa

macrumors 604
Oct 13, 2008
I have soundflower on my system as well, I have no idea what installed it. Final cut didn't, CS6 didn't and from what I have read I have no use for it.

You mentioned the uninstaller on a disk, what could have put it there, what disk is this uninstaller on, and how do I get rid of it.

Everytime I disconnect my Thunderbolt monitor it defaults to it and is very annoying.

Installed via Final Cut. Download the sound flower installer here. http://cycling74.com/soundflower-landing-page/

Download the app and open the dmg image, you will see the uninstaller. run that and then reboot your mac.

BulkHedd

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2006
I am also having a problem with Soundflower. It seems like every time I wake my MacBook Pro from sleep it switches the default audio in and out to Soundflower.
I don't really remember installing it. I don't have Final Cut.
I downloaded the installation DMG and opened it and ran the uninstall script but it doesn't appear to have done anything.
The Soundflower devices still show up in my audio settings.

fhall1

macrumors 68040
Dec 18, 2007
(Central) NY State of mind
I am also having a problem with Soundflower. It seems like every time I wake my MacBook Pro from sleep it switches the default audio in and out to Soundflower.
I don't really remember installing it. I don't have Final Cut.
I downloaded the installation DMG and opened it and ran the uninstall script but it doesn't appear to have done anything.
The Soundflower devices still show up in my audio settings.

See post #3 above

BulkHedd

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2006
See post #3 above

That did it. I had to search for system files and found a few Soundflower plist files that I deleted. Now it doesn't show up in my sound devices.
I'm at work now so I'll have to make sure everything else is working OK later.

Thank you, by the way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.