Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

j-a-x

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 15, 2005
Houston, Texas
So I finally got my MacBook Pro retina and it's pretty awesome! I remember before buying it reading a bit about safari scrolling performance and I decided to get it anyways (not a huge deal to me). I wanted to add here that now that I have my own machine to play with, I can say that for the most part the Safari scrolling thing isn't an issue.

However, when you zoom in safari (using a two finger pinch gesture on the trackpad), the scrolling performance on some pages becomes virtually unusable.

Try reading an article on Forbes.com, zoom in and try to scroll dow to read and you should see what I mean. Does anybody else notice the behavior? Hopefully this is just a Safari bug that can be fixed. For the most part, the MacBook Pro is blazing fast and I dont have any UI lag whatsoever.

I'm running Mountain Lion by the way.

sireShonBohn

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2012
So I finally got my MacBook Pro retina and it's pretty awesome! I remember before buying it reading a bit about safari scrolling performance and I decided to get it anyways (not a huge deal to me). I wanted to add here that now that I have my own machine to play with, I can say that for the most part the Safari scrolling thing isn't an issue.

However, when you zoom in safari (using a two finger pinch gesture on the trackpad), the scrolling performance on some pages becomes virtually unusable.

Try reading an article on Forbes.com, zoom in and try to scroll dow to read and you should see what I mean. Does anybody else notice the behavior? Hopefully this is just a Safari bug that can be fixed. For the most part, the MacBook Pro is blazing fast and I dont have any UI lag whatsoever.

I'm running Mountain Lion by the way.

Yes I noticed it after reading the first thread on the subject.

j-a-x

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 15, 2005
Houston, Texas
I read a bunch of that thread but everybody just complained about scrolling in general. I find scrolling in general is fine unless the webpage is zoomed on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.