Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Jul 31, 2012, 01:23 PM   #1
Rehana1985
macrumors newbie

Thumbs up New iPod Touch 5G is Coming out in September

It seems Apple might announce new iPod Touch 5G from September to October 2012 while iPhone 5 at 12 September as well.

Update (12th September): Apple Announcement for New iPod Touch 5G 2012

Many users have requested in numerous topics about exact release date of new iPod Touch in 2012. Most of them have said that most threads are old and not accurately updated.

Some Leaked Images: New iPod Touch 5G Leaked Photo Gallery

I have prepared a complete analytic Report on iPod Touch 5G Release Date and as per that report Apple will release iPod Touch 5th Generation between September to October 2012.

As per Report, Apple might introduce New iPod Touch 6th Generation instead of 5G with 3G connectivity and lot more improvement.

If I will get good response then I will update few more updates close to iPod Touch 5G.

Waiting for your reply guys.

Last edited by Rehana1985; Sep 12, 2012 at 09:09 PM. Reason: 21st September Release Date
Rehana1985 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2012, 07:33 PM   #2
Dustman
macrumors 65816

"If I will get good response then I will update few more updates close to iPod Touch 5G"

Umm.. what? We know it's coming in September.. It has every year since it's launch.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 08:45 PM   #3
WLS
macrumors 6502a

And we need yet another thread on this subject, Why??
Old Jul 31, 2012, 11:12 PM   #4
chrf097
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehana1985 View Post
As per Report, Apple might introduce New iPod Touch 6th Generation instead of 5G with 3G connectivity and lot more
They'd skip a whole generation?!

chrf097 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2012, 11:13 PM   #5
GoreVidal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WLS View Post
And we need yet another thread on this subject, Why??
Newbies. That's why.
GoreVidal is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2012, 11:13 PM   #6
chrf097
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoreVidal View Post
Newbies. That's why.
Not to mention shameless blog promotion...

chrf097 is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2012, 11:19 PM   #7
Rehana1985
macrumors newbie

There are lot of new features and specs can be added to New iPod Touch such as iOS 6, A6 Chip and Siri and Upgraded Camera.

These are some of the most expected features which could be added.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 06:44 AM   #8
goosnarrggh
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustman View Post
"If I will get good response then I will update few more updates close to iPod Touch 5G"

Umm.. what? We know it's coming in September.. It has every year since it's launch.
We haven't had a new iPod touch every year since its launch. There really wasn't anything last year. Well, you were given the option of buying it in white instead of black. But it was still the exact same machine.

ps: Another Haligonian! Planning to check out the new Apple Store when it opens later this month? Find out whether or not we were ever really missing out on anything worthwhile compared to the 3rd party retailer experience?
goosnarrggh is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2012, 08:00 AM   #9
Rehana1985
macrumors newbie

That's a best idea to keep up to date with Apple store and third party store price. Sometimes we get better product with low cost price.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 08:05 AM   #10
LostSoul80
macrumors 68000

The new iPod touch will probably just have the same form factor of the new iPhone. I would maybe expect NFC, but just not 3G or anything on that side.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 08:07 AM   #11
goosnarrggh
macrumors 68000

Quote:
There are lot of new features and specs can be added to New iPod Touch such as iOS 6, A6 Chip and Siri and Upgraded Camera.

iOS 6 will be coming to the current generation of iPod touch; that has already been confirmed. They will not need to introduce a whole new model just for that.

I really do hope they bring the CPU, RAM, and camera up to par with more current iOS-based offerings though. I am seeing noticeable lag running several of my favorite Apps right now. (And no, it isn't jailbroken!)
goosnarrggh is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2012, 10:47 AM   #12
Rehana1985
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goosnarrggh View Post
iOS 6 will be coming to the current generation of iPod touch; that has already been confirmed. They will not need to introduce a whole new model just for that.

I really do hope they bring the CPU, RAM, and camera up to par with more current iOS-based offerings though. I am seeing noticeable lag running several of my favorite Apps right now. (And no, it isn't jailbroken!)
Yes, you're right. iOS 6 surly coming out with new iPod Touch while A6 Chip and further improvement in Camera are also expected.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 02:10 PM   #13
Rehana1985
macrumors newbie

Hey What about Siri?
Old Aug 1, 2012, 08:12 PM   #14
MacIke
macrumors regular

Quote:
Hey What about Siri?
Dearest Apple,
Please give iPod Touch Siri
Old Aug 1, 2012, 08:24 PM   #15
wiznet
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacIke View Post
Dearest Apple,
Please give iPod Touch Siri
Kind of a pain/useless when on the go. Unless you're connected to a network, its capabilities are severely inhibited.
wiznet is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2012, 03:32 AM   #16
quadtronix
macrumors newbie

Quote:

I read a bunch of articles that all said it was rumored to have an A5 chip in it. None mentioned anything about an A6 but that would be nice...
quadtronix is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2012, 03:45 AM   #17
LostSoul80
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiznet View Post
Kind of a pain/useless when on the go. Unless you're connected to a network, its capabilities are severely inhibited.
That doesn't support your argument against Siri, as the iPad will get it with iOS 6.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 11:30 AM   #18
wiznet
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSoul80 View Post
That doesn't support your argument against Siri, as the iPad will get it with iOS 6.
I'm not saying I'm against it. However, I am saying that it's not nearly as useful as in the iPad with celluar, or the iPhone.

Its abilities are very much inhibited, as I said. At least the iPad can be configured to use celluar connections.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 11:53 AM   #19
LostSoul80
macrumors 68000

Quote:
I'm not saying I'm against it. However, I am saying that it's not nearly as useful as in the iPad with celluar, or the iPhone.

Its abilities are very much inhibited, as I said. At least the iPad can be configured to use celluar connections.
That depends on where you live. In most cities you'll find free wifi areas almost everywhere, and most smartphones nowadays offer the wifi hotspot feature.

What you said applies also to the iPad wifi version, but that hasn't stopped Apple from including Siri in it.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 01:29 PM   #20
wiznet
macrumors regular

Quote:
That depends on where you live. In most cities you'll find free wifi areas almost everywhere, and most smartphones nowadays offer the wifi hotspot feature.

What you said applies also to the iPad wifi version, but that hasn't stopped Apple from including Siri in it.
Of course, I agree, but even then it's not always convenient. And some people don't have access to that, like me.

Yes, but I believe a major reason for the inclusion is because there is a model which has 4G capability. Is there anything wrong with having it on the wifi model/an iPod Touch? No - it could come in handy more often than we'd think, but you can't deny the fact that its convenience is in many cases, lost (or lessened) depending on the availability of wireless networks. That's all I'm saying, mate. It won't be as big of a draw to the product, in my opinion, as it was for the iPhone because of this.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 01:36 PM   #21
Rehana1985
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadtronix View Post
I read a bunch of articles that all said it was rumored to have an A5 chip in it. None mentioned anything about an A6 but that would be nice...
I am stating that A5 Processor might included because if we see couple of last releases Apple upgraded iPod Touch chip.

Last release of iPod Touch 4.5G have A5 Chip with iOS 5 operating system, If Apple uses iOS 6 in 5th Generation then A6 Chip will be needed to support iOS 6 and if this is the case then Siri might included.

We can just hope. nothing else.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 01:37 PM   #22
tonyr6
macrumors 6502

Quote:

Yea right. When I traveled last year everywhere I went there was either no WiFi Networks or the were locked yet everyone with there smartphones were able to get online. I would love the next iPod Touch to have 3G but with no phone like the iPad has.
tonyr6 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2012, 02:33 PM   #23
Rehana1985
macrumors newbie

Apple should launch two models one should be Wi-Fi and other should be Wi-Fi + 3G
Old Aug 2, 2012, 06:19 PM   #24
Dustman
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by goosnarrggh View Post
We haven't had a new iPod touch every year since its launch. There really wasn't anything last year. Well, you were given the option of buying it in white instead of black. But it was still the exact same machine.

ps: Another Haligonian! Planning to check out the new Apple Store when it opens later this month? Find out whether or not we were ever really missing out on anything worthwhile compared to the 3rd party retailer experience?
You're splitting hairs. It was the only exception, and they did still "alter" it in that time frame.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 12:48 PM   #25
Rehana1985
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Of course, I agree, but even then it's not always convenient. And some people don't have access to that, like me.

Yes, but I believe a major reason for the inclusion is because there is a model which has 4G capability. Is there anything wrong with having it on the wifi model/an iPod Touch? No - it could come in handy more often than we'd think, but you can't deny the fact that its convenience is in many cases, lost (or lessened) depending on the availability of wireless networks. That's all I'm saying, mate. It won't be as big of a draw to the product, in my opinion, as it was for the iPhone because of this.
Many countries doesn't have well equipped Wi-Fi technology and there iPod Touch users might be nervous.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch