Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jul 31, 2012, 01:23 PM   #1
Rehana1985
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Thumbs up New iPod Touch 5G is Coming out in September

It seems Apple might announce new iPod Touch 5G from September to October 2012 while iPhone 5 at 12 September as well.

Update (12th September): Apple Announcement for New iPod Touch 5G 2012

Many users have requested in numerous topics about exact release date of new iPod Touch in 2012. Most of them have said that most threads are old and not accurately updated.

Some Leaked Images: New iPod Touch 5G Leaked Photo Gallery

I have prepared a complete analytic Report on iPod Touch 5G Release Date and as per that report Apple will release iPod Touch 5th Generation between September to October 2012.

As per Report, Apple might introduce New iPod Touch 6th Generation instead of 5G with 3G connectivity and lot more improvement.

If I will get good response then I will update few more updates close to iPod Touch 5G.

Waiting for your reply guys.

Last edited by Rehana1985; Sep 12, 2012 at 09:09 PM. Reason: 21st September Release Date
Rehana1985 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2012, 07:33 PM   #2
Dustman
macrumors 65816
 
Dustman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
"If I will get good response then I will update few more updates close to iPod Touch 5G"

Umm.. what? We know it's coming in September.. It has every year since it's launch.
__________________
iMac 27" i5 2.8Ghz 10.9.1; Dell 5150 P4 3.8Ghz Win2000; Samsung Galaxy S5; ATV2 4.1 J'b; MacBook 2.1Ghz 10.8.5 MLPostFactor
Dustman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2012, 08:45 PM   #3
WLS
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
And we need yet another thread on this subject, Why??
__________________
Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, but give a man a bank and he can rob the world..
WLS is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2012, 11:12 PM   #4
chrf097
macrumors 68030
 
chrf097's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehana1985 View Post
As per Report, Apple might introduce New iPod Touch 6th Generation instead of 5G with 3G connectivity and lot more
They'd skip a whole generation?!
__________________
13" Macbook Pro | Mac OS 10.9.4 | Windows 8.1 Pro | 2.4GHz Core i5 | 8 GB RAM | 500 GB
Samsung GS4 | Black | 32GB | Android 4.4.2 |
iPad mini 2 | Grey | 16 GB WiFi | iOS 8b2

chrf097 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2012, 11:13 PM   #5
GoreVidal
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by WLS View Post
And we need yet another thread on this subject, Why??
Newbies. That's why.
GoreVidal is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2012, 11:13 PM   #6
chrf097
macrumors 68030
 
chrf097's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoreVidal View Post
Newbies. That's why.
Not to mention shameless blog promotion...
__________________
13" Macbook Pro | Mac OS 10.9.4 | Windows 8.1 Pro | 2.4GHz Core i5 | 8 GB RAM | 500 GB
Samsung GS4 | Black | 32GB | Android 4.4.2 |
iPad mini 2 | Grey | 16 GB WiFi | iOS 8b2

chrf097 is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2012, 11:19 PM   #7
Rehana1985
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
There are lot of new features and specs can be added to New iPod Touch such as iOS 6, A6 Chip and Siri and Upgraded Camera.

These are some of the most expected features which could be added.
Rehana1985 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2012, 06:44 AM   #8
goosnarrggh
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustman View Post
"If I will get good response then I will update few more updates close to iPod Touch 5G"

Umm.. what? We know it's coming in September.. It has every year since it's launch.
We haven't had a new iPod touch every year since its launch. There really wasn't anything last year. Well, you were given the option of buying it in white instead of black. But it was still the exact same machine.

ps: Another Haligonian! Planning to check out the new Apple Store when it opens later this month? Find out whether or not we were ever really missing out on anything worthwhile compared to the 3rd party retailer experience?
goosnarrggh is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2012, 08:00 AM   #9
Rehana1985
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
That's a best idea to keep up to date with Apple store and third party store price. Sometimes we get better product with low cost price.
Rehana1985 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2012, 08:05 AM   #10
LostSoul80
macrumors 68000
 
LostSoul80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
The new iPod touch will probably just have the same form factor of the new iPhone. I would maybe expect NFC, but just not 3G or anything on that side.
__________________
Automatic Fans: UltraFan
LostSoul80 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2012, 08:07 AM   #11
goosnarrggh
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehana1985 View Post
There are lot of new features and specs can be added to New iPod Touch such as iOS 6, A6 Chip and Siri and Upgraded Camera.

These are some of the most expected features which could be added.
iOS 6 will be coming to the current generation of iPod touch; that has already been confirmed. They will not need to introduce a whole new model just for that.

I really do hope they bring the CPU, RAM, and camera up to par with more current iOS-based offerings though. I am seeing noticeable lag running several of my favorite Apps right now. (And no, it isn't jailbroken!)
goosnarrggh is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2012, 10:47 AM   #12
Rehana1985
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by goosnarrggh View Post
iOS 6 will be coming to the current generation of iPod touch; that has already been confirmed. They will not need to introduce a whole new model just for that.

I really do hope they bring the CPU, RAM, and camera up to par with more current iOS-based offerings though. I am seeing noticeable lag running several of my favorite Apps right now. (And no, it isn't jailbroken!)
Yes, you're right. iOS 6 surly coming out with new iPod Touch while A6 Chip and further improvement in Camera are also expected.
Rehana1985 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2012, 02:10 PM   #13
Rehana1985
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Hey What about Siri?
Rehana1985 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2012, 08:12 PM   #14
MacIke
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Frigid Wasteland of MN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehana1985 View Post
Hey What about Siri?
Dearest Apple,
Please give iPod Touch Siri
__________________
-- Windows nice gaming machines... but I would not want to use one for real work. Viva la Macintosh
Check out my blog: Blogging With Ike
MacIke is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2012, 08:24 PM   #15
wiznet
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacIke View Post
Dearest Apple,
Please give iPod Touch Siri
Kind of a pain/useless when on the go. Unless you're connected to a network, its capabilities are severely inhibited.
__________________
Macbook Pro w/ Retina Display, 2.6GHz, 16GB, 512GB SSD
iPhone 5, 32GB, White
iPod Touch, 32GB, 4th Generation
wiznet is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2012, 03:32 AM   #16
quadtronix
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehana1985 View Post
There are lot of new features and specs can be added to New iPod Touch such as iOS 6, A6 Chip and Siri and Upgraded Camera.

These are some of the most expected features which could be added.
I read a bunch of articles that all said it was rumored to have an A5 chip in it. None mentioned anything about an A6 but that would be nice...
quadtronix is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2012, 03:45 AM   #17
LostSoul80
macrumors 68000
 
LostSoul80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiznet View Post
Kind of a pain/useless when on the go. Unless you're connected to a network, its capabilities are severely inhibited.
That doesn't support your argument against Siri, as the iPad will get it with iOS 6.
__________________
Automatic Fans: UltraFan
LostSoul80 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2012, 11:30 AM   #18
wiznet
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSoul80 View Post
That doesn't support your argument against Siri, as the iPad will get it with iOS 6.
I'm not saying I'm against it. However, I am saying that it's not nearly as useful as in the iPad with celluar, or the iPhone.

Its abilities are very much inhibited, as I said. At least the iPad can be configured to use celluar connections.
wiznet is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2012, 11:53 AM   #19
LostSoul80
macrumors 68000
 
LostSoul80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiznet View Post
I'm not saying I'm against it. However, I am saying that it's not nearly as useful as in the iPad with celluar, or the iPhone.

Its abilities are very much inhibited, as I said. At least the iPad can be configured to use celluar connections.
That depends on where you live. In most cities you'll find free wifi areas almost everywhere, and most smartphones nowadays offer the wifi hotspot feature.

What you said applies also to the iPad wifi version, but that hasn't stopped Apple from including Siri in it.
__________________
Automatic Fans: UltraFan
LostSoul80 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2012, 01:29 PM   #20
wiznet
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSoul80 View Post
That depends on where you live. In most cities you'll find free wifi areas almost everywhere, and most smartphones nowadays offer the wifi hotspot feature.

What you said applies also to the iPad wifi version, but that hasn't stopped Apple from including Siri in it.
Of course, I agree, but even then it's not always convenient. And some people don't have access to that, like me.

Yes, but I believe a major reason for the inclusion is because there is a model which has 4G capability. Is there anything wrong with having it on the wifi model/an iPod Touch? No - it could come in handy more often than we'd think, but you can't deny the fact that its convenience is in many cases, lost (or lessened) depending on the availability of wireless networks. That's all I'm saying, mate. It won't be as big of a draw to the product, in my opinion, as it was for the iPhone because of this.
__________________
Macbook Pro w/ Retina Display, 2.6GHz, 16GB, 512GB SSD
iPhone 5, 32GB, White
iPod Touch, 32GB, 4th Generation
wiznet is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2012, 01:36 PM   #21
Rehana1985
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadtronix View Post
I read a bunch of articles that all said it was rumored to have an A5 chip in it. None mentioned anything about an A6 but that would be nice...
I am stating that A5 Processor might included because if we see couple of last releases Apple upgraded iPod Touch chip.

Last release of iPod Touch 4.5G have A5 Chip with iOS 5 operating system, If Apple uses iOS 6 in 5th Generation then A6 Chip will be needed to support iOS 6 and if this is the case then Siri might included.

We can just hope. nothing else.
Rehana1985 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2012, 01:37 PM   #22
tonyr6
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Brooklyn NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSoul80 View Post
That depends on where you live. In most cities you'll find free wifi areas almost everywhere, and most smartphones nowadays offer the wifi hotspot feature.

What you said applies also to the iPad wifi version, but that hasn't stopped Apple from including Siri in it.
Yea right. When I traveled last year everywhere I went there was either no WiFi Networks or the were locked yet everyone with there smartphones were able to get online. I would love the next iPod Touch to have 3G but with no phone like the iPad has.
tonyr6 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2012, 02:33 PM   #23
Rehana1985
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Apple should launch two models one should be Wi-Fi and other should be Wi-Fi + 3G
Rehana1985 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2012, 06:19 PM   #24
Dustman
macrumors 65816
 
Dustman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by goosnarrggh View Post
We haven't had a new iPod touch every year since its launch. There really wasn't anything last year. Well, you were given the option of buying it in white instead of black. But it was still the exact same machine.

ps: Another Haligonian! Planning to check out the new Apple Store when it opens later this month? Find out whether or not we were ever really missing out on anything worthwhile compared to the 3rd party retailer experience?
You're splitting hairs. It was the only exception, and they did still "alter" it in that time frame.
__________________
iMac 27" i5 2.8Ghz 10.9.1; Dell 5150 P4 3.8Ghz Win2000; Samsung Galaxy S5; ATV2 4.1 J'b; MacBook 2.1Ghz 10.8.5 MLPostFactor
Dustman is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2012, 12:48 PM   #25
Rehana1985
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiznet View Post
Of course, I agree, but even then it's not always convenient. And some people don't have access to that, like me.

Yes, but I believe a major reason for the inclusion is because there is a model which has 4G capability. Is there anything wrong with having it on the wifi model/an iPod Touch? No - it could come in handy more often than we'd think, but you can't deny the fact that its convenience is in many cases, lost (or lessened) depending on the availability of wireless networks. That's all I'm saying, mate. It won't be as big of a draw to the product, in my opinion, as it was for the iPhone because of this.
Many countries doesn't have well equipped Wi-Fi technology and there iPod Touch users might be nervous.
Rehana1985 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Will the 6G iPod touch be presented on September? Jaggions iPod touch 35 Jul 6, 2013 09:10 PM
So, is the iPod Touch 6 coming two years from now? john bacon iPod touch 20 Nov 28, 2012 03:14 PM
Updated iTunes, iPod Touch, and iPod Nano Coming Alongside iPhone 5 Today MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 101 Sep 12, 2012 02:29 PM
Apple Planning 'All-New' iPod Touch and iPod Nano for September Launch? MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 52 Aug 7, 2012 10:15 AM
Chances of a new ipod touch this september? harveyftw iPod touch 16 Aug 2, 2012 01:44 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:20 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC