Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Old Jul 31, 2012, 03:13 PM   #1
titan55
macrumors newbie

How do Score Reporting iPhone App like Sportacular Work?

Hello,

I'm interested in funding for an App just like what Sportacular does for sports but for another genre of sports. I was wondering how Sportacular as an app function as, does it have a crawler crawling the sports websites or does it have its own specific sports database that it generates? If it does, where does it get the info from?

I'm aware that Yahoo! now owns Sportacular so that may be what they get info from now, but what about before the acquisition? How does a score reporting app work in General?
titan55 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2012, 05:33 PM   #2
dejo

Most sports scoring sites have heavy restrictions on the use of their information so scraping is not usually an option. My no-longer-available app, Score!, used to use a free RSS service, but it was shut-down. From what I've seen most sites use (and pay a pretty penny) to the STATS.com people for their scores.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming