Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jul 31, 2012, 08:57 PM   #1
Undecided
macrumors 6502a

Numbers charts - time in X axis

Hi. Often I'll want to chart values associated with certain dates in the future.

I discovered long ago that Excel has a nifty option to interpolate the data, so that time along the X axis is spread out evenly. Numbers seems to treat each date as just the next item, with no understanding of much time there is between it and the previous item.

So in Numbers, the chart looks the same no matter what the dates are. In Excel, the chart maps to the dates being properly allocated along the X axis.

Hard to explain - hopefully that's clear.

Am I missing a feature in Numbers? Can numbers chart values with dates, properly allocating the dates along the X axis?
Undecided is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2012, 09:22 PM   #2
Undecided
macrumors 6502a

So it looks like a scatter plot will properly distribute dates along the x axis.

It's not quite what I want, though. I want a bar chart, with the bars properly distributed (especially since if there is more than one value on the same date, then they get added together).

Still, using the scatter plot is better than nothing.
Undecided is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store