Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

warvanov

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question. Please direct me to the right forum if this isn't the right one for this sort of question.

I'm interested in the iTunes Match service now that I have an Apple TV in addition to my MBP and iPod touch, and I'm planning on getting an iPhone 5 (my first smart phone!) in the fall.

For almost all of my albums in iTunes I have the year released included in the name of the album (so Nirvana - Nevermind would be "1991 Nevermind"). In the past this has made it impossible for iTunes to find the album artwork for these albums as it doesn't recognize them with the naming scheme that I use. My question, therefore, is will iTunes Match have the same problem with my album titles? Would I have to rename all of my music in order to get iTunes Match to work correctly?

Jim.R

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2012
UK
iTunes match doesn't use the metadata for matching, so there''s no need to rename :cool: I've had files with totally incorrect album, artist and title match successfully.
It may use the metadata to help speed the process up though (i.e. narrow down possible matches) so you may find the matching process takes a long time (and it's not a quick process even when your metadata is 100% accurate!)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.