Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Aug 1, 2012, 03:29 AM   #1
Ve3tro
macrumors member

iPhone self deactivated.

I just woke up to notice that my iPhone 4 has self deactivated yet last night I put it into Airplane mode yet this morning it had magically turned itself on and disabled Airplane mode.

It says I need to connect to a wifi connection to it can activate yet it pops up saying it has trouble contacting the Apple servers.

I have no idea what's happened since last night the phone was working fine.

I don't suppose the date hitting August 1st has anything to do with it?

I had the phone official activated through Apple plus I've tried 3 different sim cards and even tried without a sim card.

Any help? I really don't want to restore since I'm away on holiday and have 100's of photos that I could lose.
Ve3tro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2012, 05:02 AM   #2
macdatadrive
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ve3tro View Post
I just woke up to notice that my iPhone 4 has self deactivated yet last night I put it into Airplane mode yet this morning it had magically turned itself on and disabled Airplane mode.

It says I need to connect to a wifi connection to it can activate yet it pops up saying it has trouble contacting the Apple servers.

I have no idea what's happened since last night the phone was working fine.

I don't suppose the date hitting August 1st has anything to do with it?

I had the phone official activated through Apple plus I've tried 3 different sim cards and even tried without a sim card.

Any help? I really don't want to restore since I'm away on holiday and have 100's of photos that I could lose.
Although I'm not exactly sure how to fix it, but try backing it up to icloud or your computer.
You *should* correct me if im wrong, be able to restore and restore from backup.
I've done this with my iPod touch, and my backup had all my photos (around six hundred precious school ones)
macdatadrive is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2012, 09:49 AM   #3
batting1000
macrumors 601

Are you running an iOS 6 beta?
batting1000 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2012, 10:35 AM   #4
Xenc
macrumors 6502a

iOS 6 Beta 2 deactivated yesterday. You can still access your photos through iPhoto or similar.

I'm not aware of any way to create a backup whilst the phone is deactivated, unless you somehow change the date on the device to before yesterday.

Edit: Holding down the Option key while clicking "Check for Update" in iTunes will allow you to update to iOS 6 Beta 3 without losing your personal data. Thanks to Linkandzelda for confirming this in the MacRumors IRC.

Last edited by Xenc; Aug 1, 2012 at 12:29 PM.
Xenc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2012, 12:28 PM   #5
Ve3tro
macrumors member

Yea was running iOS6. Had no clue the previous version expired yesterday.

Everything is sorted now and luckily I had my photos on Photostream.
Ve3tro is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting