Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shnur

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2008
Hello,

Last month, I got myself the base model of the 13" MBA, I really love the machine and came to realize that it is pretty much all I need for daily work (including Lightroom). The only hiccup I have is that sometimes the screen just shuts off and it takes a few keyboard and mouse clicks before it comes back like nothing happened.

It started with Lion and continued with Mountain Lion. It would not be a heat issue or CPU load as it's been doing that when I'm simply browsing, or working on photos or reading e-mails.

The first time it happened I had it on a book that was approximately in the middle of the laptop, so I thought it's pressing too hard (its own weight) and something is shorting out... although it happened a few more times after. Today it happened again and it was simply on the table.

:confused:

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Did you check the energy saver settings? It is normally set up to shut off the display after a few minutes.

Shnur

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2008
Did you check the energy saver settings? It is normally set up to shut off the display after a few minutes.

Yes, that's set to 5mins and 10mins on adapter. Although it happens when I'm doing something, so I'm using the mouse and/or keyboard actively.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Perhaps there is an incompatibility with something you are running. Try checking out your applications at Roaring Apps.

cedwhatev

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2011
Canada
Mine has done the same a couple of times now as well.. but it only happened a few moments after it awoke from sleep...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.