Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

detroitl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 9, 2012
So I've had my macbook pro for a little less than a month now, I bought it as an open box purchase from bestbuy, and I have a 30 day return policy which is going to run out soon. I was playing batman arkham aslyum on my mac the other day and at a certain point I came to a dark screen and noticed some discoloration in the corners of my screen. This is something I had noticed before as well but never really paid any attention to it.

Just wanted to know is this a serious problem?(attached picture) Is it normal, if not is it something that can get progressively worse as time goes by?

EDIT: I think the noise makes it look a lot worse than it actually is

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 82

detroitl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 9, 2012
Light bleed

Considering I got this at a lower price than normal, would it be better to return it to bestbuy or would applecare offer me a replacement without any kind of monetary exchange?

GoreVidal

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2011
Your problem is that you're looking for problems, or that you use your computer by staring at a black screen all the time.

detroitl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 9, 2012
Your problem is that you're looking for problems, or that you use your computer by staring at a black screen all the time.

It is something that is noticeable on any dark screen [...].

Last edited by a moderator:

Freyqq

macrumors 601
Dec 13, 2004
pretty standard issue from what I understand. It's usually only noticeable on a completely black screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.