Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ogino

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2012
Hey,

I was wondering if there is any application that allows you to re-size your windows to full-screen easily? The + green sign doesn't really make it full screen depends on apps, even when you hold down alt with it.

I'm looking for something along the lines of:

1. Drag your window to the corner and switches it to full-screen (to whatever its appropriate resolution is) like Windows 7.

2. Click the + sign and makes it full screen.

I especially want this feature for Browsers. Chrome is the preference.

Thanks in advance

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I was wondering if there is any application that allows you to re-size your windows to full-screen easily? The + green sign doesn't really make it full screen depends on apps, even when you hold down alt with it.
The green button is not a "maximize" or full-screen button. It's designed to resize a window to best accommodate the contents. What Mac OS X version are you running? Full-screen capability is in Lion and ML.

Stooby Mcdoobie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2012
Check out SizeUp. It's free with a nag, or $13 without the nag (but you can get a nice discount if you use this code at checkout).

It's basically the same as the Aero Snap feature in Windows 7/8.

Last edited:

NZed

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2011
Canada, Eh?
BetterTouchTool is exactly what you're looking for. And it's free.

NO, if the OP is looking for just snapping windows, BetterSnapTool is wayyyy better. Found in MAS.

Same maker as BetterTouchTool

I'm using it and its great.

SHADO

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2008
Beach
NO, if the OP is looking for just snapping windows, BetterSnapTool is wayyyy better. Found in MAS.

Same maker as BetterTouchTool

I'm using it and its great.

I know. I have both. I was providing the free option.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.