Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Aug 2, 2012, 03:55 AM   #1
knux11
macrumors regular

Getting copies of sent emails in my inbox, and old emails

Ever since upgrading to ML, my inbox gets a copy of every email i reply to. it never does it when i create a new email, just when i reply to one. never happened before ML.

Another issue, is if i get an email i get repeatedly (like a monthly e-bill), one or more of the old emails show up in my inbox at the same time. It's never every old email, and it's usually just one other email, but not necessarily the last one, just a previous one. I use the mail app with my gmail account.

so annoying. any ideas on how to fix this?
Old Aug 2, 2012, 08:22 AM   #2
Weaselboy
macrumors G5

I think both issues are from the same setting in Mail. Open Mail and in the View menu uncheck "Organize by Conversation".

What this setting does is keep related messages together in a thread. So it will group your replies in the thread with the original message. Sometimes is mismarks messages as related when they are not, causing your second issue. I get this with my electric bill. I will pull up last month's bill/email along with this months because Mail thinks they are a related message thread.
Weaselboy is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2012, 01:10 PM   #3
knux11
macrumors regular

it appears to have fixed them both. thanks!

In lion, my messages were grouped by conversation, which was ok, but i never got sent emails in my inbox, and if i deleted/moved emails before i got a new one in the same conversation, it wouldn't show up again in the inbox. I wish i could have it that way again. but this is less annoying i suppose that what was happening.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion