Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Aug 2, 2012, 12:59 PM   #1
evilpaddy
macrumors regular

ML trackpad gesture for going back a page?

In Lion swiping left with three fingers would take you up in the directory hierarchy or back in the Safari history. Has this changed in ML?

swiping right seems to take you back a page in Safari (although this seems counter-intuitive) but the same doesn't apply to finder... where am I going wrong? I'm having to use the back arrow for the first time now!
evilpaddy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2012, 01:11 PM   #2
gmanist1000
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpaddy View Post
In Lion swiping left with three fingers would take you up in the directory hierarchy or back in the Safari history. Has this changed in ML?

swiping right seems to take you back a page in Safari (although this seems counter-intuitive) but the same doesn't apply to finder... where am I going wrong? I'm having to use the back arrow for the first time now!
Check your system preferences under "Trackpad", but for me to go back is two finger swipe left.
gmanist1000 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2012, 01:59 PM   #3
evilpaddy
macrumors regular

I've been through it with a tooth comb. I'd appreciate a screenshot with the highlighted option of that's ok.. It's driving me nuts!

Thanks mate!
Old Aug 2, 2012, 02:03 PM   #4
dcorban
macrumors 6502a

It the very first entry under "more gestures" in trackpad preferences: "Swipe between pages".
Old Aug 2, 2012, 10:44 PM   #5
evilpaddy
macrumors regular

Odd. If I change the default behaviour to swipe with two fingers it works, scroll with three doesn't unless I'm making the wrong gesture...

Cheers for the help!

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion