Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

evilpaddy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 2, 2012
In Lion swiping left with three fingers would take you up in the directory hierarchy or back in the Safari history. Has this changed in ML?

swiping right seems to take you back a page in Safari (although this seems counter-intuitive) but the same doesn't apply to finder... where am I going wrong? I'm having to use the back arrow for the first time now! :p

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Sep 22, 2009
In Lion swiping left with three fingers would take you up in the directory hierarchy or back in the Safari history. Has this changed in ML?

swiping right seems to take you back a page in Safari (although this seems counter-intuitive) but the same doesn't apply to finder... where am I going wrong? I'm having to use the back arrow for the first time now! :p

Check your system preferences under "Trackpad", but for me to go back is two finger swipe left.

evilpaddy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 2, 2012
I've been through it with a tooth comb. I'd appreciate a screenshot with the highlighted option of that's ok.. It's driving me nuts!

Thanks mate!

dcorban

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2007
It the very first entry under "more gestures" in trackpad preferences: "Swipe between pages".

evilpaddy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 2, 2012
Odd. If I change the default behaviour to swipe with two fingers it works, scroll with three doesn't unless I'm making the wrong gesture...

Cheers for the help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.