Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

peaty94

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 2, 2012
Hello, today i connected my iPod to the computer to play some music, all was fine, until iTunes crashed and i had to manually force close it through task manager, when i went back to my iPod, it was unresponsive, and since then i could not turn it on, windows wouldn't recognize it, nor would it charge; I've tried continuously to put t in recovery mode, no luck. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this problem? and i know its charging because it gets warm at the back, so i don't know what to do, unless i need to replace my battery? thanks.

No Smd

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2012
I remember my ipod freezing randomly and would not repsond to any commands while in that state i just waited till the battery died then it worked again. If the back is still warm it must be still "on" processing things so the battery should die sonner or later then try to recharge it.

peaty94

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 2, 2012
Update: I let the battery run out of juice, and all is fine, so glad to have my ipod back! thankyou!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.