Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Aug 3, 2012, 09:24 AM   #1
Woodcrest64
macrumors 6502a

Battery Status on the menu indicator

I noticed with Mountain Lion only the percentage value is indicated on the menu bar for the battery. In Lion you could have either the percentage or the time remaining for the battery displayed on the menu bar.

I'm just wondering if there is any way to get the time remaining value back on the menu bar instead of the percentage. I know you can click on the battery icon for it and have it pop up via the drop down menu but I'd prefer it the other way...
Old Aug 3, 2012, 09:28 AM   #2
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodcrest64 View Post
I noticed with Mountain Lion only the percentage value is indicated on the menu bar for the battery. In Lion you could have either the percentage or the time remaining for the battery displayed on the menu bar.

I'm just wondering if there is any way to get the time remaining value back on the menu bar instead of the percentage. I know you can click on the battery icon for it and have it pop up via the drop down menu but I'd prefer it the other way...
This is already being discussed in several threads:
RMBP Battery %?
Battery Status
Battery - Show Time no longer available
From the CHECKING STATUS AND HEALTH section of the following link:
Quote:
On the MBPR and on ML, the Menu Bar battery indicator no longer offers "Time Remaining" as an option on the Menu Bar. It still appears in the dropdown menu.
From the BATTERY LIFE FROM A CHARGE section of the following link:
Quote:
  • Your "time remaining" indication is an ever-changing estimate, based on the current workload of your system. It will fluctuate up and down from minute to minute as your power demands change. It is not perfectly accurate, but only an estimate.
This should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions:
Apple Notebook Battery FAQ
GGJstudios is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2012, 10:37 AM   #3
Weaselboy
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodcrest64 View Post

You can use this app to get it back.
Weaselboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion