Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pjny

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 18, 2010
Hi,

I activated icloud and notes on mac os x using me.com account. i have mountain lion and ios 5.1.1 on iphone 4s. I checked the icloud notes tab on the iphone but cannot see the notes from my iphone on my mac. thanks.

lpeedin

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2011
May be a silly question but did you open the Notes app. They have their own app now and are not part of Mail.

lpeedin

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2011
Plus check you iPhone iCloud settings and be sure you have Notes turned on to sync.

pjny

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 18, 2010
Thanks for all the replies. I guess my issue was that all the notes I had types on my iphone were going to be synced but apparently icloud does not sync those notes. Am I right? I typed in new notes and icloud syncs now.

The only issue is how do I migrate all the old notes(about 200) from iphone to Mac?

Thanks.

Plus check you iPhone iCloud settings and be sure you have Notes turned on to sync.

kronborg

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2011
Copenhagen
Thanks for all the replies. I guess my issue was that all the notes I had types on my iphone were going to be synced but apparently icloud does not sync those notes. Am I right? I typed in new notes and icloud syncs now.

The only issue is how do I migrate all the old notes(about 200) from iphone to Mac?

Thanks.

Check this post. I'm afraid you have to copy each note into the iCloud account one at a time!

pjny

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 18, 2010
Hi everybody,

I found out iExplorer allows you to save all your notes as well as voicemails etc. Super useful. I saved a precious voicemail from my 4-year old nephew the other day as well as many others. Great features.

http://www.macroplant.com/iexplorer/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.