Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Aug 3, 2012, 09:02 PM   #1
number84
macrumors 6502

More crashes lately?

Is it just me or are others also noticing more apps crashing lately? In particular Facebook (well, FB app has always been a bit flaky), Chrome and Atomic Browser.

These crash and return me to the home screen a lot more than they used to. I'm using an iPad 3, btw.
number84 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2012, 11:52 PM   #2
stevemiller
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by number84 View Post
Is it just me or are others also noticing more apps crashing lately? In particular Facebook (well, FB app has always been a bit flaky), Chrome and Atomic Browser.

These crash and return me to the home screen a lot more than they used to. I'm using an iPad 3, btw.
As a relatively new iPad 3 owner,I don't really have a baseline,but I do seem to get more crashes (particularly in safari) than I do on say, my iphone 4s, which is weird considering the iPad has more ram, and I only ever open 2-3 tabs at a time.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 12:02 AM   #3
number84
macrumors 6502

Safari's been pretty good for me though as I don't recall it ever crashing on me. But I like using the 3rd party browsers but gets quite annoying. I don't think it's a RAM issue, but you never know.
number84 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2012, 12:56 AM   #4
BluePhoenixRa
macrumors regular

Nope, no issues like that.
Stupid question, but, did you try restarting the device?
Also turn off all background apps before restart..might help.
BluePhoenixRa is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2012, 01:36 AM   #5
kokhean
macrumors regular

The only application that crashes for me was the Facebook application. It even takes a few seconds more to open, as compared to the "instant" opening on an iPad 2.

3rd Gen iPad
kokhean is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2012, 08:19 AM   #6
VFC
macrumors 6502

As a first time Apple product user, I'm surprised how often apps crash on my new iPad. I have quite a few apps that crash intermittently (I guess Apple is now no different than MS); but I'm really surprised with the number of times Safari crashes.

Two days ago, all the purchased apps disappeared in the App Store. I'm getting app updates, so the store still knows I own the apps. So I am searching for a solution to bring the purchased apps icons back.

This experience is reinforcing my decision to buy the MS Surface (Win8) later this year as Apple no longer has the stability advantage.

Edit - I just got an e-mail from my sister about a washing machine problem. I opened the link and Safari crashed. Try it, crashes every time; even after a fresh restart. Works fine in MS XP & Vista using IE and Chrome.

http://www.fixya.com/support/t198600...l_mildew_smell

Last edited by VFC; Aug 4, 2012 at 09:24 AM.
VFC is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2012, 09:04 AM   #7
~Ks383~
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFC View Post
As a first time Apple product user, I'm surprised how often apps crash on my new iPad. I have quite a few apps that crash intermittently (I guess Apple is now no different than MS); but I'm really surprised with the number of times Safari crashes.

Two days ago, all the purchased apps disappeared in the App Store. I'm getting app updates, so the store still knows I own the apps. So I am searching for a solution to bring the purchased apps icons back.

This experience is reinforcing my decision to buy the MS Surface (Win8) later this year as Apple no longer has the stability advantage.

Edit - I just got an e-mail from my sister about a washing machine problem. I opened the link and Safari crashed. Try it, crashes every time; even after a fresh restart. Works fine in IE and Chrome.

http://www.fixya.com/support/t198600...l_mildew_smell
My wife's iPad 2 had this problem a couple of weeks ago. I fixed it by closing out the App Store in the multitasking bar and reopening it.
~Ks383~ is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2012, 09:20 AM   #8
VFC
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Ks383~ View Post
My wife's iPad 2 had this problem a couple of weeks ago. I fixed it by closing out the App Store in the multitasking bar and reopening it.
Thanks; I tried that and it didn't work. I tried a few suggestions from the support forum, but still no luck. One suggestion is to buy another app and hope the entire purchased app list gets refreshed. I'll try that when I see something good to purchase.

I haven't had problems like this since Windows 3.1 days.
VFC is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad