Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Aug 4, 2012, 02:39 AM   #1
jmanley1
macrumors member

Reset Safari 6.0 bookmarks to default?

Does anyone know how I can accomplish resetting Safari's bookmarks to the default bookmark list/bookmark bar that comes pre-set with Safari?
jmanley1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2012, 12:29 PM   #2
Weaselboy
macrumors P6

First quit Safari. Then click on the desktop to bring focus to the Finder. Hit shift-command-g (all three at once) and enter ~/Library/Safari in the popup and hit enter. In the folder you see delete the file Bookmarks.plist. Now restart Safari and you will have defaults.
Weaselboy is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2012, 03:42 PM   #3
jmanley1
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaselboy View Post
First quit Safari. Then click on the desktop to bring focus to the Finder. Hit shift-command-g (all three at once) and enter ~/Library/Safari in the popup and hit enter. In the folder you see delete the file Bookmarks.plist. Now restart Safari and you will have defaults.
Thank you SO VERY much. It worked beautifully.
jmanley1 is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion