Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FatGuy007

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 8, 2012
New York
I saw youtube videos of the 2012 MBA running battlefield 3 on bootcamp over 30fps. Is it true that you can do this without damaging your cpu or gpu? I know that the MBA is not solely for gaming but from time to time you just want to have some fun.

EDIT: This was the video I was talking about http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-hSeXvznwY

miles01110

macrumors Core
Jul 24, 2006
The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
Is it true that you can do this without damaging your cpu or gpu?

Generally you can use your computer without damaging your CPU or GPU regardless of what kind of computer it is. That video doesn't tell you a whole lot anyways. At several points it looks choppy, and you can't tell what the settings are (maybe it's listed in the comments, but I didn't go past the first page of them).

FatGuy007

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 8, 2012
New York
Generally you can use your computer without damaging your CPU or GPU regardless of what kind of computer it is. That video doesn't tell you a whole lot anyways. At several points it looks choppy, and you can't tell what the settings are (maybe it's listed in the comments, but I didn't go past the first page of them).

800x600 AA off and some medium and some low.
But its a suprise a laptop that thin can at least run a game that big.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.