Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

simbafish

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 31, 2012
In System Preference/Sharing/Internet Sharing, under "Share your connection from:" I have selected "PTPP" and under “To computers using:” I have selected "Ethernet" to share my VPN connection with devices connected to the Ethernet port on my iMac (running OS 10.6.8). This works great with PPTP. My Ethernet port connects to the Internet using PPTP. Should this work with L2TP and/or OpenVPN(using Tunnelblick)?

Here is my problem: After I switch from PPTP to L2TP service in Network, and change Internet Sharing from PPTP to the L2TP service, my iMac has no problem connecting the browser, etc. to the Internet; so I know L2TP service is operational. But any device connected to the Ethernet port is no longer able to connect to the Internet? Works with PPTP but not L2TP. Why? Is there a bug? Any help will be appreciated.

PREFERABLE: How would I set up OpenVPN (Tunnelblick) to work with the Ethernet port?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.