Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Aug 4, 2012, 06:06 PM   #1
flynz4
macrumors 68040

Mountain Lion Log-in User Icons

I installed ML on a 2009 Rev C. MBA. I am getting ready to give this to my daughter, so I am secure deleting all of the existing users, and adding new users for her and her husband.

The only Log-in (user) icon that is available is the tennis ball. When I try t change it... no other icons are available. Has anyone experienced this, and is there a quick fix. I hate to try re-downloading ML to try and fix it... nor do I really want to do a clean install.

/Jim
flynz4 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2013, 10:13 AM   #2
beeflin
macrumors newbie

Smile

Yes I have this problem and haven't been able to fix it. Reinstalling ML didn't work. A workaround is to open /Library/User Pictures and drag user icons from its folders directly to the icon space in the preference panel. You can also drag any other picture to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flynz4 View Post
I installed ML on a 2009 Rev C. MBA. I am getting ready to give this to my daughter, so I am secure deleting all of the existing users, and adding new users for her and her husband.

The only Log-in (user) icon that is available is the tennis ball. When I try t change it... no other icons are available. Has anyone experienced this, and is there a quick fix. I hate to try re-downloading ML to try and fix it... nor do I really want to do a clean install.

/Jim
beeflin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2013, 12:48 PM   #3
flynz4
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeflin View Post
Yes I have this problem and haven't been able to fix it. Reinstalling ML didn't work. A workaround is to open /Library/User Pictures and drag user icons from its folders directly to the icon space in the preference panel. You can also drag any other picture to it.
An old post of mine. Yes... I believe that this is what I did last year. Sorry for not updating this post. It must have slipped my mind.

/Jim
flynz4 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion