Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FatGuy007

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 8, 2012
New York
Hello I just purchased a MBPr with the education, and when I look at my orders. It does not appear in the cart or under my MBPr. Do they email it to you, or maybe appear inside the box of it? I am worried I wont get it.

mohsy90

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2011
New York
It should have displayed in the cart and you should see it in the order. If you don't see it, call Apple and they'll take care of it. They send you a tangible $100 gift card, no emails.

FWRN

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2012
Charlotte, NC
They send a physical card that says "Back to School 2012" with $100 on the side. Got mine two days after I ordered my rMBP.

Dronac

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2012
Did you get a charge on your credit card for it? I figured it would be pending for a few days and then dropped, but it went through and is shown as a legit charge now on my Amex. I purchased it during a tax free holiday with the student discount. Any experiences with this?

axu539

macrumors 6502a
Dec 31, 2010
Did you get a charge on your credit card for it? I figured it would be pending for a few days and then dropped, but it went through and is shown as a legit charge now on my Amex. I purchased it during a tax free holiday with the student discount. Any experiences with this?

What they do is charge you for the GC, but discount the Mac for $100. I just placed an order with the tax free holiday and student discount yesterday too. Are you in Missouri?

Dronac

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2012
What they do is charge you for the GC, but discount the Mac for $100. I just placed an order with the tax free holiday and student discount yesterday too. Are you in Missouri?

I'm in NC. The MBPr already has $200 off for the student discount, so I should expect to see it $300 off then?

axu539

macrumors 6502a
Dec 31, 2010
I'm in NC. The MBPr already has $200 off for the student discount, so I should expect to see it $300 off then?

I believe that the student discount does not show up as $200 off. It just displays the student price to start with. So on the confirmation email, you should only see -$100.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.