Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

walds11

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 30, 2010
I got a new iPad and backed it up from iCloud using my latest iPhone 4S back-up. The camera roll is not showing up on my iPad. I was on the phone with tech support last night for almost an hour and no resolution.

According to #5 in this article, it's not possible to get my camera roll from my iPhone 4S onto my iPad??? The tech rep suggested that I create a back-up on iTunes with my iPhone 4S, plug in my iPad, restore from back-up and I'll be all set-up including syncing of my music and videos? I thought that the iCloud took care off all this?

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4036

5. Keep in mind that iCloud Backup, as with iTunes Backup, does have some rules about how and where it restores data, for example:

You can restore from an iPhone or iPod touch to an iPad and vice-versa, however, some data is not restored when doing so, such as:

Camera Roll data is not restored between iPad and iPhone and iPod touch devices. Camera roll data is restored between the same (iPhone to iPhone, iPad to iPad, and iPod touch to iPod touch) and similar devices (iPhone to iPod touch and vice-versa).

Also, the photo streaming is not working on my devices. When I take a pic on one device it does not show up on the other device and vice versa. All the setting are correct (photo streaming on, connected to wifi network, etc). The tech was not able to resolve this issue either. Please help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.