Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Aug 4, 2005, 12:15 AM   #1
MacVM
macrumors member

AHHHH!!

Okay, so my quandary isn't as serious as the title would have you believe...but i do have a question that's been bugging me for awhile. I'm going to be upgrading to the ipod photo soon and I was wondering, would the album icon show up on the ipod photo if the music is from a burned CD that was burned from the original CD? Also, does anyone know of any good cases for a 60 gb ipod? Thanks, guys!
MacVM is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2005, 12:29 AM   #2
Phat_Pat
macrumors 68000

The artwork will show up if you have the artwork in iTunes. IE you download the cover art from Wal-Mart and drag it to the empty box.

Or you can use a program that will do it for you. theres a bunch on versiontracker....
Old Aug 4, 2005, 12:55 AM   #3
devilot
Moderator emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phat_Pat
The artwork will show up if you have the artwork in iTunes. IE you download the cover art from Wal-Mart and drag it to the empty box.

Or you can use a program that will do it for you. theres a bunch on versiontracker....
I use Clutter and love it, others on MR also recommended it to me. There are other similar apps.
Old Aug 4, 2005, 12:58 AM   #4
MacVM
macrumors member

So you get the cover art for free from these programs? Can someone please explain how the program works?

Last edited by MacVM; Aug 4, 2005 at 01:06 AM.
Old Aug 4, 2005, 01:06 AM   #5
devilot
Moderator emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacVM
So you get the cover art for free from these programs? Can someone please explain how the program works?
I'm pretty sure that the VersionTracker page describes it... essentially, you start the app while playing a song in iTunes. This app will then go to Amazon and find the cover art, then you copy it into iTunes. Poof.
Old Aug 4, 2005, 06:33 AM   #6
MacHarne
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to MacHarne
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilot76
This app will then go to Amazon and find the cover art, then you copy it into iTunes.
I found just using Amazon was easier for me. Although, starting up a new library is considerably easier by letting Clutter run overtop of iTunes.
3G, 1G iPod; 1G shuffle
MacHarne is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2005, 07:51 AM   #7
maxterpiece
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
yep. so so free. really free. less than a penny.
Old Aug 4, 2005, 08:06 AM   #8
DarkNetworks
macrumors 68000

Yeah Cluster pretty much works...but there are some songs that Amazon.com doesn't have the Artwork...if that's the case, u have to do it manually from Walmart...
DarkNetworks is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2005, 08:54 AM   #9
MacVM
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkNetworks
Yeah Cluster pretty much works...but there are some songs that Amazon.com doesn't have the Artwork...if that's the case, u have to do it manually from Walmart...
How would I go about doing that? *Sorry. I'm a clueless dummy*
Old Aug 4, 2005, 12:12 PM   #10
Sharewaredemon
macrumors 68000

Send a message via MSN to Sharewaredemon
Quote:
Select the songs in the album you want to add the art to, click the album art button in iTunes (bottom left row of buttons 4th from the left), make sure the little box that pops up says "selected song" to change to this click on the title of the box, drag your picture into that box.

Now clutter, as previously mentioned, will do all this for you.
Old Aug 4, 2005, 12:17 PM   #11
blackpeter
macrumors 6502a

iSkin. Best - case - ever...
blackpeter is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2005, 12:29 PM   #12
iDM
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to iDM
Dude man try fetchart, even just reading how clutter works makes me think fetchart would be much easier. It runs once and automatically puts album art with every single song unless you do not have the right title, or album name.
Old Aug 4, 2005, 12:45 PM   #13
plinden
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkNetworks
I found that if Amazon.com doesn't have the artwork, Amazon.co.uk does ... except for classical musical ... with so many versions available, unless you have the original CD box it's next to impossible to know which version of the music you have.
plinden is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2005, 07:33 PM   #14
DarkNetworks
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Hm...if you use Cluster, u can just click on the "Copy Artwork to iTunes and it'll automatically do that.I assume that you're playing the song u want the artwork...i personally find it easier to play the song and let cluster search for the artwork...you can do it without playing the song actually...and btw, i if you don't really have a big library and one something easy, you can try out FetchArt, it basically gets the whole list of the song in your itunes and it downloads all the artwork for all the songs in your iTunes.The album artworks are downloaded from Amazon.com(i'm not sure if it downloads from amazon.uk).So you might not get all of the artworks.I've use it once and find it okay, it's jus that i don't like it b'cos everytime, it just downloads the whole list, i'm not sure if there's any way to tweak it or whatsoever.But if you have a small library and the songs that you have are pretty popular and mostly available in amazon.com, i'll say give it a shot.
Okay about doing it manually, in iTunes i usually select the song i want to get the artwork, then i hit command + "i" or u can click File>>Get Info, it works either way, then click the tab Artwork. Next, i open a browser and search in Walmart for the album artwork that i want, and drag the picture into the picture into the box (located in the Artwork Tab that u just selected in iTunes).
Hope this helps...
DarkNetworks is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2005, 12:12 AM   #15
Switzermac
Banned

Clutter is a great program i use it regularly it is the best availible or you can just use amazon
Switzermac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2005, 04:20 AM   #16
MacVM
macrumors member

Well, until I get my Mac (grrrr, about a week later than planned thanks to fedex), I can't use any of those programs, so I've just been copying and pasting from amazon. Does anyone know how to "undo" album art? I accidently pasted the wrong album art and when I try to paste the correct one on top, nothing happens. Thanks guys.
Old Aug 19, 2005, 07:51 AM   #17
the_freddinator
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to the_freddinator
http://yvg.com/itunesartimporter.shtml

Try that out if you're not running a Mac. It's been known to be a tiny bit buggy, but if you're patient it should be sufficient
the_freddinator is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2005, 07:51 AM   #18
Sharewaredemon
macrumors 68000

Send a message via MSN to Sharewaredemon
Quote:
Well, until I get my Mac (grrrr, about a week later than planned thanks to fedex), I can't use any of those programs, so I've just been copying and pasting from amazon. Does anyone know how to "undo" album art? I accidently pasted the wrong album art and when I try to paste the correct one on top, nothing happens. Thanks guys.
Click the song you want to get rid of the artwork for, get info, click artwork, click on the picture, click delete.

I assume you can also do this for a group of songs.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod