Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Aug 5, 2012, 11:15 AM   #1
nanosour
macrumors member

Dropping WiFi Connection

This is very recent phenomena for me, but in the last three weeks my Macbook has started to drop my internet connection. This first happened on vacation using a rented beach house wifi network. It continued when I got home on my own network which is WPA. The menu wifi indicator shows connected, but I'm not. When I try to recycle the wifi it won't allow me to turn it back on whether trying through the menu wifi icon or System Preference/Network. Wifi won't come back on and I have to restart the computer.

I read in another thread that changing the energy screen saver setting to anything but 15 minutes would solve this. It seemed to for about a week, but it's happening again. I also changed the battery as I read that may be the issue. I have 4:17 left on this charge as I type this, so don't believe that is the problem.

This appears to be a common problem. Any known solutions.

TIA

Nano
nanosour is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2012, 07:23 AM   #2
gc916
macrumors regular

Nano,

There is an article here that addresses WiFi connection problems on MacBooks running Mountain Lion. I don't know if it will help you, but it might be worth a try.

Good luck.
gc916 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion