Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Aug 5, 2012, 02:37 PM   #1
creator2456
macrumors 68000

DVD Player & External Superdrive

I upgraded to Mountain Lion last week and this afternoon was the first time I wanted to watch a DVD. Problem is I have an SSD installed and the stock HD in place of the SuperDrive.

I had no problem with Lion and these instructions to get DVD Player to work with the external drive, but it no longer works.

The same instructions to get the Eject key to function properly still work fine.

I've tried searching for an updated answer, but all I get returned is directions on how to burn Mountain Lion to a DVD...not what I need.

Anyone figure it out yet? And yes, I could use VLC...I just don't want to if I don't have to.

**Edit**
Just ran through the directions again and it appears to be working. Not sure if I did something wrong the first 2 times or if it is hit and miss.

Either way I am going to say that posting the question solved the problem because the internet is a powerful beast.

Last edited by creator2456; Aug 5, 2012 at 02:44 PM. Reason: because I can and you can't
creator2456 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion