Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tim100

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 25, 2009
anyone notice a blue tint on mba 2012 display?

Last edited:

tim100

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 25, 2009
What profiles did you try? What Mac OS X version do you use?

its mountain lion.

i was able to download another color profile online and install it. the screen seems not to be as blue.

Last edited:

lightmyway

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2007
Just got my 2012 11-inch MBA running Mountain Lion and mine has a blue tint as well.

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
anyone notice a blue tint on mba 2012 display?
The 2012 I just picked up a couple of weeks ago is pleasantly neutral. My 2011 had a bit of a blue tint, but nothing that far off. Yet side by side with this new one, it's obvious the 2012 is the closest to true colors yet.

Doctor Mabuse

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2013
Hi folks,

Been lurking for a while and finally pulled the trigger on a 8/256 MBA 13" last week, based on the positive reviews I've found here of this model. (Don't laugh but I've managed to keep my trusty 12" G4 PowerBook going for 8 years - so reliable that I suspect it would be one of only three things to survive armageddon along with Cockroaches and Keith Richards, but in truth too slow now even for basic web/WP duties.)

Very happy with everything so far except... I'm finding my screen has a blue-ish tint as well.

I've put it next to a 2011 MBP 13" from my work, my old 12" PB G4 and my 20" Apple aluminium monitor and my eyes aren't playing tricks - the MBA's screen definitely has a blue-ish hue that I don't seem to be able to get rid of by recalibrating myself or using the various different profiles I've found here.

The resolution of the screen is really excellent, but the whites just don't seem white and bright enough to me and the whole screen has a sort of cold feel that at best I'm not used to and at worst I don't like. Weirdly the blue problem seems to be worse on certain websites - the backgrounds of some sites on the MBA appear with a very distinct blue tinge to them.

I've checked and it seems I have an screen LP133WP1-TJA7 - is that an LG?

I can probably live with it, but if I thought sending it back would get me a properly bright white screen I have 14 days to decide.

Any thoughts/advice appreciated.

James

Isamilis

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2012
I have same model and screen. I use LG Color LCD-12 and (sometimes) LCD-4 color profile. Find it in this forum. Now, it's perfectly white with no blueish at all.

However, OP's problem seems nothing to do with color profile.

Hi folks,

Been lurking for a while and finally pulled the trigger on a 8/256 MBA 13" last week, based on the positive reviews I've found here of this model. (Don't laugh but I've managed to keep my trusty 12" G4 PowerBook going for 8 years - so reliable that I suspect it would be one of only three things to survive armageddon along with Cockroaches and Keith Richards, but in truth too slow now even for basic web/WP duties.)

Very happy with everything so far except... I'm finding my screen has a blue-ish tint as well.

I've put it next to a 2011 MBP 13" from my work, my old 12" PB G4 and my 20" Apple aluminium monitor and my eyes aren't playing tricks - the MBA's screen definitely has a blue-ish hue that I don't seem to be able to get rid of by recalibrating myself or using the various different profiles I've found here.

The resolution of the screen is really excellent, but the whites just don't seem white and bright enough to me and the whole screen has a sort of cold feel that at best I'm not used to and at worst I don't like. Weirdly the blue problem seems to be worse on certain websites - the backgrounds of some sites on the MBA appear with a very distinct blue tinge to them.

I've checked and it seems I have an screen LP133WP1-TJA7 - is that an LG?

I can probably live with it, but if I thought sending it back would get me a properly bright white screen I have 14 days to decide.

Any thoughts/advice appreciated.

James

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.