Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Aug 6, 2012, 12:00 AM   #1
AlexJaye
macrumors regular

Apple removing features again...

So I used to love the CMD+option+control+8 shortcut to toggle the screen display white/black while using my MacBook at night. I'm realizing now in ML I can't do that anymore, and I have to go all through system preferences to find the option.

It's a somewhat silly and useless feature removal such as the removal of "block pop ups" from the Safari menu. Now you have to dig through preferences for Safari to find it.

It's unfortunate Apple keeps trying to dumb down the OS... ML is great, but it's unfortunate this is occurring.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 12:12 AM   #2
VTECaddict
macrumors 6502

System Preferences
Keyboard
Keyboard Shortcuts
Accessibility
Invert colors
VTECaddict is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2012, 12:18 AM   #3
brand
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexJaye View Post
So I used to love the CMD+option+control+8 shortcut to toggle the screen display white/black while using my MacBook at night. I'm realizing now in ML I can't do that anymore, and I have to go all through system preferences to find the option.

It's a somewhat silly and useless feature removal such as the removal of "block pop ups" from the Safari menu. Now you have to dig through preferences for Safari to find it.

It's unfortunate Apple keeps trying to dumb down the OS... ML is great, but it's unfortunate this is occurring.
It's pretty pathetic how quick people are to accuse Apple of something without trying to get the whole picture first. There wasn't even a question on how to fix it or if you were doing something wrong. Just a rant.
brand is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2012, 12:40 AM   #4
stark4
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by brand View Post
It's pretty pathetic how quick people are to accuse Apple of something without trying to get the whole picture first. There wasn't even a question on how to fix it or if you were doing something wrong. Just a rant.
it's true but at the same time..i'm just wondering why apple disable that feature by default.

MacBook Air 13" 1.7 GHz i5, 4GB RAM
stark4 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion