Galaxy Note 10.1 UI looks pretty cool - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices

Old Aug 6, 2012, 11:19 AM   #1
kdarling
macrumors Demi-God

Galaxy Note 10.1 UI looks pretty cool

The new Galaxy Note 10.1 with active pen, side-by-side windows for a few core apps with copy-paste, and super note taking, almost makes me wish I was a student again:

YouTube video of Galaxy Note UI presentation

Hope it works as smoothly as the video implies.

Click image for larger version

Name:	galaxy_note.png
Views:	74
Size:	185.5 KB
ID:	351700
kdarling is online now   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2012, 11:37 AM   #2
Timzer
Banned

Now of course it's all pre-rendered, but that's what I call real multitasking ability. And this is also why the stylus is still a great thing. Anyone that thought that the stylus was dead will have to rethink it. Bravo on Samsung for having the balls on bringing back the stylus. Samsung's new Nautre UX is a great evolution of touchwiz. It's more than just a skin or launcher. I love it on my GS3.
Timzer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2012, 07:47 AM   #3
hot spare
macrumors regular

It has some resemblance to MS Courier concept..

But the interface is different. It works for few selected apps like browser, media player, S notes etc., But it's a good start. They can probably add other apps to split-screen view and also customize popular 3rd party apps.

Some "reviews" in youtube look decent. Also they have this 4million bounty for devs developing for Note/note 10.1. I believe that the last day is around Sept. There should be some apps optimized for the S Pen.
hot spare is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices