Old Aug 7, 2012, 09:05 AM   #27
james92se
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by labman View Post
IBlacklist cydia it's a paid app!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemnilocs View Post
another vote for iblacklist. it's what I use too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggen View Post
I used iBlacklist for a previous breakup. It worked like a charm, or wait, charms don't work, so it worked better than a charm

She got to vent the heat off the slow way (that damned cheating b!tch), and I got peace and quite, and sleep!!
Ditto on all of these. iBlacklist works great. But it's a double edged sword, because if said ex is nuts (and what hot chick isn't in this situation), then it only serves to enrage them. In which case you better hope they don't have your work number or any of your friends' or family members' numbers
james92se is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2012, 09:09 AM   #28
takeshi74
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAM2 View Post
Ex-GF is Harassing, how do i block the number?
With Google Voice you just block the caller and they get a "number not in service" message. Otherwise, contact your carrier as suggested above.
takeshi74 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 01:34 PM   #29
JummpyXMPP
macrumors newbie

Quote:
My ex wont leave me alone and shes in a
File a police report. With terrestrial providers there is a star code to flag harassing calls. I am not aware of similar with mobile. Turn it your montly call logs [redacted] of continued calls. Optionally seek a restraining order. Have copies of threatening voicemails ready to play in court

BE AWARE: malicious persons can seek counter restraining order. proximate effect: you might not be able to purchase additional weapons; your second amendment rights might be diminished, including ability to secure a concealed carry permit.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 03:20 PM   #30
Browns2212
macrumors regular

I would use that iBlacklist app AND I would call the police. At least call the police and "report" the problem. That way if things get worse, you will have a record of incidents, etc that would help out if it ever got to a court situation. Believe me, my wife and I have had several "incidents" with some really crappy neighbors in our development. The cops have been called several times and they actually told us to call everytime something happens so that a "record" or "pattern" can be developed. Again, if it ever gets to out of control there is a string of events and such that you would have in your favor.

Telephone Harassment is a pretty serious thing.

Obscene or harassing phone calls are an unwelcome intrusion on your privacy and can be a frightening experience. The Federal Communications Act and many state laws prohibit telephone harassment.

When Does a Phone Call Rise to the Level of Harassment?
Telephone harassment occurs when someone intends to annoy, harass or threaten you by:

•Making a telephone continually ring
•Making lewd, indecent, or obscene comments, suggestions or requests over the telephone
•Making a telephone call where the caller does not identify himself
•Making repeated telephone calls where the conversation consists only of harassment
•Making a telephone call and using heavy breathing or silence with an intent to intimidate
Just one unwelcome call can be harassing, though a single misdial or "wrong number" call may not rise to the level of harassment. It's a good idea to tell the recipient of such a call that you accidentally misdialed their number. People who commit telephone harassment are subject to fines, prison or both. In many states, telephone harassment is a criminal misdemeanor and can be more serious when a defendant in a criminal case is harassing the victim.

What Other Factors Should I Consider?
•The timing the calls, i.e. calls made in the middle of the night are more likely to be harassing
•The frequency of the calls
•Whether the calls include threats to injure or kidnap
•Whether the calls include lewd or obscene language
Are There any Exceptions?
Telephone calls arising out of family disputes, political squabbles and business matters are less likely to be made into criminal matters. A restraining order might be a more appropriate remedy in these situations.

What Should I Do if I Am Receiving Harassing Phone Calls?
If you are a victim of harassment, you should contact the police. You should make a note of the gender of the caller, the description of the caller's voice, the time and date of the call(s), what was said in the call(s), and an estimate of the caller's age. If the police can identify the caller and find sufficient evidence, they will forward the case to the District Attorney's office to prosecute the caller.

Your phone company might be able to assist by tracking down the caller. Phone companies have different policies on the course of action to take when a customer reports that they are receiving harassing phone calls. You should contact the business office of your phone company to find out its policy.

You should contact a lawyer to help determine if the caller's words or actions are obscene or otherwise unlawful. A lawyer can also tell you if you may be entitled to any civil damages for emotional distress.

If you receive a harassing phone call, don't engage in a conversation with the caller or divulge any personal information. Sometimes the caller is seeking a response from you, and not giving a response to the caller can discourage future harassing calls.

http://communications-media.lawyers....arassment.html
Browns2212 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2013, 08:12 AM   #31
Appl3FTW
macrumors 68030

did somebody say trolling?

anyways OP, 4chan it or misc it.
Appl3FTW is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2013, 08:54 AM   #32
dma550
macrumors 6502

I tried, AT&T won't block a number. I have this guy from Ohio (I'm in CT) call me 2x a day "Zeke, it's Glen - I'm outside, let me in" - lol. I even called him back 2-3 times saying he is calling the wrong number. He still does it. I added him as a contact ("***** from Ohio" is his name) and set his ringer to nothing.
dma550 is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2013, 09:58 AM   #33
ucfgrad93
macrumors G5

Change your phone number.
ucfgrad93 is online now   3 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2013, 11:31 AM   #34
Appl3FTW
macrumors 68030

Absolutely not change ur number... Post her number on every forum hahaha karma is a b1tch
Old Feb 15, 2013, 12:04 PM   #35
Mrfatboy
macrumors regular

If you had google voice you would not have this problem. You could even route her call to a custom message when she calls. "Hey crazy b!$ch, stop calling me" lol. However, GV won't protect your bunny from getting boiled.
Mrfatboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2013, 05:01 PM   #36
kikima
macrumors member

Ignore her like the rest of us do.
kikima is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2013, 07:26 PM   #37
miss.manson
macrumors 6502a

Did any of you realize how old this thread is? Lol
Old Feb 15, 2013, 07:48 PM   #38
naz-dream-boys
macrumors member

i suggest getting iblacklist from cydia
naz-dream-boys is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2013, 08:08 PM   #39
ET iPhone Home
macrumors 68020

Geez, what did you do?
Old Feb 15, 2013, 08:14 PM   #40
adam044
macrumors 65816

Quote:
My ex wont leave me alone and shes in a bad area with connections and crap and I want to just block her from my life! I'm happy with my current girlfriend and I wanna know how to block her number. I'm on an iPhone 4 that is Jailbroken on 5.1.1
She want's the D. Sorry I had to
Old Feb 15, 2013, 09:58 PM   #41
PNutts
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss.manson View Post
Did any of you realize how old this thread is? Lol
Yeah, but I never get tired of hearing about Chris and Rihanna.
PNutts is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2013, 10:55 PM   #42
chestvrg
macrumors 6502a

LOL oh man is from June last year 2012. I hope by now the harassment has stopped, or either OP changed his number.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 10:56 PM   #43
Bahroo
macrumors 68000

Quote:
My ex wont leave me alone and shes in a bad area with connections and crap and I want to just block her from my life! I'm happy with my current girlfriend and I wanna know how to block her number. I'm on an iPhone 4 that is Jailbroken on 5.1.1
Theres a app on the App Store called Youmail Visual Voicemail, you can block her number there
Bahroo is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2013, 11:14 PM   #44
Fatalbert
Banned

You can do what I do for all spammers: Leave Do Not Disturb mode on constantly with it blocking calls from people not in my contacts. Then remove her from your contacts.

Or get the phone company to block the number. That's doable.
Fatalbert is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2013, 11:18 PM   #45
\-V-/
macrumors 65816

You can generally have a blacklist of numbers for the carrier you're on... usually via their website. Takes two seconds on Verizon... no idea for other carriers.
\-V-/ is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2013, 05:50 PM   #46
Appl3FTW
macrumors 68030

OP must've been packing some bed skills
Old Feb 17, 2013, 04:12 PM   #47
jumpmanpro97
macrumors member

What's the rule of thumb change your number right after you break up with someone crazy
jumpmanpro97 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 04:14 PM   #48
quietstormSD
macrumors 6502a

iBlacklist or call your carrier. AT&T may charge extra for blocking phone numbers

Twitter: @KarchaInSD
quietstormSD is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 04:30 PM   #49
chestvrg
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by appl3ftw View Post
op must've been packing some bed skills
lol
Old Feb 17, 2013, 04:31 PM   #50
dma550
macrumors 6502

Lol, they probably reconciled, married and divorced by now!
dma550 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone