Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mprofit

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 4, 2009
Atlanta
I upgraded from Lion to Mountain Lion this afternoon, and am really liking the changes so far. However, I noticed that when I click on a site from my Top Sites page, the webpage stutters noticeably when Safari "zooms in" to go to the website, and it also stutters when Safari "zooms out" to go back to Top Sites. This animation was very smooth in Lion, and I'm wondering if this is somehow new/different and normal in Mountain Lion, or if it is some performance issue.

Is anyone else experiencing something similar to this? My CPU is a MacBook Pro 2.2 i7 from last year, so I find it difficult to believe that this task would slow it down, but I suppose anything's possible..

Thanks.

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
Had a similar experience... so rather than being bothered, I just rolled back to Lion.

Give Apple some time and I'm sure they will sort it out.

mprofit

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 4, 2009
Atlanta
Had a similar experience... so rather than being bothered, I just rolled back to Lion.

Give Apple some time and I'm sure they will sort it out.

Shutting my laptop down overnight and rebooting it this morning fixed the lag for me. I'm also noticing that other areas where it lagged before, such as opening the new tabbed view in Safari, no longer lag, which is nice.

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
Shutting my laptop down overnight and rebooting it this morning fixed the lag for me. I'm also noticing that other areas where it lagged before, such as opening the new tabbed view in Safari, no longer lag, which is nice.
You may find that the lag will return. The shutdown, reboot routine does temporarily have am impact, as temporary as it is. I doubt until Apple addresses the issue at it's core, that it will "go away" permanently . :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.