Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Aug 7, 2012, 08:12 AM   #1
baileya1c
macrumors member

Dock hidden after cold start, won't unhide

anytime I cold start my Mac, the dock acts like it's hidden. When I move the cursor down to it, it doesn't slide up. I have to go to the apple icon and click on hide dock and then click on turn hiding off to get it to show back up. Any ideas why this is happening? Running ML on a retina macbok pro.
baileya1c is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2012, 08:14 AM   #2
Tander
macrumors 6502a

I've had this once or twice - Not too sure of a solution. I do what you did and it fixes it.
Tander is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2012, 09:25 AM   #3
Partron22
macrumors 6502a

You might try going into your user library and deleting the dock prefs file: "com.apple.dock.plist".
It might have been corrupted.
Subsequently changing dock prefs will regenerate a clean copy of the file for you.
Partron22 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion