Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jmoore5196

macrumors 6502a
May 19, 2009
Russellville AR
I actually own two of them ... the black and burnt orange.

The black case fits perfectly; the orange is too tight and the color is rather lighter or less saturated than in the website photos.

I contacted Beyzacases about returning the orange case and they were less than helpful. The woman with whom I exchanged email didn't seem to know (or care) that the case was too tight to allow my MBA to fit in without some determined shoving.

The black case, however, is ideal ... very classy with the red stitching down the middle. I also own one of their iPhone cases. The quality is first class, and the shipping is very quick. Just be prepared to pay return postage to eastern Europe should you not like the fit.

sk8mash

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 1, 2007
England
I actually own two of them ... the black and burnt orange.

The black case fits perfectly; the orange is too tight and the color is rather lighter or less saturated than in the website photos.

I contacted Beyzacases about returning the orange case and they were less than helpful. The woman with whom I exchanged email didn't seem to know (or care) that the case was too tight to allow my MBA to fit in without some determined shoving.

The black case, however, is ideal ... very classy with the red stitching down the middle. I also own one of their iPhone cases. The quality is first class, and the shipping is very quick. Just be prepared to pay return postage to eastern Europe should you not like the fit.

Thanks for your reply! I was thinking about getting black or maybe the white one. Any chance you could take a few pictures of it? How long have you had it? Is it holding together well?

sk8mash

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 1, 2007
England
Another thing, I have a Sena iPhone case which is very similar to the Beyzacases Zero series iPhone case. After a while the inside seems of the case kind of polished the band on my iPhone leaving a permanent line. I don't find this such a problem on a phone but I wouldn't like that to happen to my Macbook Air. Is that an issue you've noticed?

seared.ahi

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2012
Another thing, I have a Sena iPhone case which is very similar to the Beyzacases Zero series iPhone case. After a while the inside seems of the case kind of polished the band on my iPhone leaving a permanent line. I don't find this such a problem on a phone but I wouldn't like that to happen to my Macbook Air. Is that an issue you've noticed?

I don't like this case. It leaves an opening along an entire edge so things can still fall in there or get wet. It's like the Acme case. Junk IMO. The cost is also a but much. In fact it's ridiculous for what you get, like all of the "premium" cases out there. Sometimes I just laugh at 90% of the cases people post in the bags/cases/sleeves thread.

Get the incase neoprene sleeve. 1/3 the cost, better protection, better looking, and a proven brand.

sk8mash

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 1, 2007
England
I don't like this case. It leaves an opening along an entire edge so things can still fall in there or get wet. It's like the Acme case. Junk IMO. The cost is also a but much. In fact it's ridiculous for what you get, like all of the "premium" cases out there. Sometimes I just laugh at 90% of the cases people post in the bags/cases/sleeves thread.

Get the incase neoprene sleeve. 1/3 the cost, better protection, better looking, and a proven brand.

I think you have to appreciate the difference between this type of case and a standard neoprene one. I actually do have the incase neoprene sleeve. The Beyza case would only really be used to protect the Macbook Air from scratches whilst in another bag. It has such a small profile. When you have a small bag, the neoprene incase sleeve adds quite a lot of bulk relative to the sleek Macbook Air. In my opinion, the leather slip case looks a lot more sleek than any other case i've seen. Having said that, I would still like to see some more real pictures of it!

seared.ahi

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2012
I think you have to appreciate the difference between this type of case and a standard neoprene one. I actually do have the incase neoprene sleeve. The Beyza case would only really be used to protect the Macbook Air from scratches whilst in another bag. It has such a small profile. When you have a small bag, the neoprene incase sleeve adds quite a lot of bulk relative to the sleek Macbook Air. In my opinion, the leather slip case looks a lot more sleek than any other case i've seen. Having said that, I would still like to see some more real pictures of it!

Makes sense. As thin as the incase is, it still adds bulk like you say. I say go for it then!

Hexiii

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2011
Prague, Czech Republic
I have the Zero Series for iPhone and it seems it wouldn't save the MacBook from falls, but on the other hand it's a great thin case to prevent your devices from scratches/dirt.

jmoore5196

macrumors 6502a
May 19, 2009
Russellville AR
Not sure what you're looking for here ... but it's essentially a black pebbled leather sleeve with red accent stitching and a red felt-ish interior. I've had this one for about a year and it does not show any visible wear. I guess the thing I like about it is that it's understated, and a nice in-briefcase sleeve. Were I carrying the Air on its own, I think I'd use a Tucano bag or something with a little more padding. Incase sleeves are nice enough for MacBook Pros, but they rather spoil the look of the Air, IMO.

Attachments

• DSCN0143.JPG
    DSCN0143.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 117
  • DSCN0145.JPG
    DSCN0145.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 92
  • DSCN0146.JPG
    DSCN0146.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 126

sk8mash

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 1, 2007
England
Not sure what you're looking for here ... but it's essentially a black pebbled leather sleeve with red accent stitching and a red felt-ish interior. I've had this one for about a year and it does not show any visible wear. I guess the thing I like about it is that it's understated, and a nice in-briefcase sleeve. Were I carrying the Air on its own, I think I'd use a Tucano bag or something with a little more padding. Incase sleeves are nice enough for MacBook Pros, but they rather spoil the look of the Air, IMO.

Thanks, exactly what I was looking for. Just some real life pictures of how it fits and how it holds up over time!

stisdal

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2010
USA
Incipio Slim Sleeve

I also was looking for a sleeve to carry my 11" Air in my current bag. (I travel quite a bit for work) I ordered the Incipio "Slim Sleeve" which arrived today. Very nice leather looking, good fit, with a very soft inside.

Pic's below. So far it looks well worth the (US) $29.99 price tag...

Attachments

• IMG_0050.JPG
    IMG_0050.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 100
  • IMG_0051.JPG
    IMG_0051.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0053.jpg
    IMG_0053.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0052.JPG
    IMG_0052.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 104

jmoore5196

macrumors 6502a
May 19, 2009
Russellville AR
I had the Incipio sleeve for a year and enjoyed it very much! You can't argue with the price.

I found that the edges - which appear to be glued rather than stitched - started coming apart with regular use. That was my main motivation for looking for something with better build quality.

That said, I could buy three for the price of one Beyzacase. If the burnt orange ever gets back in stock in the 11" size, I just might!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.