Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fed

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 7, 2012
Liverpool.
I've sifted through stacks of posts on here and others forums but can't work out a way of removing the DRM from an iTunes audiobook.

• The first thing people seem to recommend is burning the file to an Audio CD. However as the file is an abridged book (6 hours long), it can't fit on an Audio CD but rather an MP3 which isn't allowed (apparently).
  • The second thing people suggest is 'Create AAC Version' however this appears to be inaccurate advice as it doesn't work.

The DRM doesn't bother me usually. However I have an 8 hour roundtrip tomorrow and could do with some entertainment on the way (my stereo doesn't support iPhones).

Any help is much appreciated... I don't want to be stuck with Radio 1 on the way home. May I also request the 'copyright' enthusiasts go somewhere else and not bother posting. It's my media. I own it. I should be able to do what I want with it.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Discussion of DRM removal techniques are not allowed.

Forum Rules

These habits can produce warnings and repeated violations can produce bans.
6. Warez/Serials/Keys. Do not post software serial numbers or keys or refer people to specific websites, software, or techniques whose purpose is to break or bypass software licensing methods, distribute cracks, or obtain or use commercial software or media in violation of its license and/or for copyright violation. Do not ask for or give such help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.