Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dougshaffer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 24, 2009
Hello -

I have a small office with two employees using iMacs and Mountain Lion. In the past, we have used iCalX (calendar server) to allow us to see (but not edit) each other's iCal calendars. We just got iPhones and are interested in having the ability to sync them to our calendars in a way that allows us to:

1. enter new event on iPhone calendar and have it show up on iMac calendar without manual sync (i.e. without using USB cable)

2. enter new event on iMac calendar and have it show up on iPhone calendar without manual sync (i.e. without using USB cable)

3. send event invitations from iPhone and/or iMac calendar and have them appear to be coming from my Office email address (see below...)

4. ability to edit any event from either iPhone or iMac.

5. ability to share calendar with other employees and spouses.

I went to the Kansas City Plaza Apple Store a few days ago, and a 'genius' there told me that we would be better off not using iCloud, but rather, Google Calendar. I tried this but was having trouble getting it to work like we want it to. For example, when I send an invitation from a synced calendar, I want the recipient to think that it came from my office email address, not my gmail address. This does not seem to be possible.

Anyway, does anyone have suggestions for how to do what we are after, with or without Google?

THANKS!
iMac, Mac OS X (10.8), white - intel Core 2 Duo -1GB

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.