Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Old Aug 8, 2012, 02:23 AM   #1
DrakeRamoray
macrumors newbie

update my core data database

Hi everyone.

I must to copy datas from my external database to core data and I have a little problem.
I use Json to communicate with iOS and it's work pretty well, each package of datas have an ID number.
I just want to save this datas in the iphone if the ID number is not saved yet on my IOS database.
How can I do?

Thank you
DrakeRamoray is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2012, 01:02 PM   #2
forum user
macrumors regular

You might want to look at NSExpression. Something similar to:
Code:
NSExpression * expressionDescriptionCount = 
[NSExpression expressionForFunction:@"count:" 
arguments:[NSArray arrayWithObject:[NSExpression expressionForKeyPath:@"IDnumber"]]];
[fetchRequest setResultType:NSDictionaryResultType];
 NSArray * results = [theContext executeFetchRequest:fetchRequest error:&error];
After the fetch went ok "results" will contain a dictionary.
If the value of the count key inside the dictionary is zero then your "id Number" is not yet present. Otherwise it will be the the nubmer of occurrence.

Ensure you match the string @"IDnumber" in expressionForKeyPath:@"IDnumber" with the correct spelling of the attribute.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 03:19 PM   #3
Duncan C
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by forum user View Post
You might want to look at NSExpression. Something similar to:
Code:
NSExpression * expressionDescriptionCount = 
[NSExpression expressionForFunction:@"count:" 
arguments:[NSArray arrayWithObject:[NSExpression expressionForKeyPath:@"IDnumber"]]];
[fetchRequest setResultType:NSDictionaryResultType];
 NSArray * results = [theContext executeFetchRequest:fetchRequest error:&error];
After the fetch went ok "results" will contain a dictionary.
If the value of the count key inside the dictionary is zero then your "id Number" is not yet present. Otherwise it will be the the nubmer of occurrence.

Ensure you match the string @"IDnumber" in expressionForKeyPath:@"IDnumber" with the correct spelling of the attribute.

I don't understand the code you posted. You create an NSExpression object, and then you issue a fetch request that doesn't use the expression at all. Aren't you missing code that would add the expression to a predicate, and add the predicate to the fetch request? As written, the code uses an existing fetch request that has nothing to do with the expression object you created.
Duncan C is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming