Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Klae17

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 15, 2011
What is the best place to get refurbs? I know Apple Store is pretty good, just seeing if there are other deals going on.

Thanks

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
What is the best place to get refurbs?
  • Apple Certified Refurbished Products are only available from the Apple Refurb Store and are not sold by any 3rd party or local Apple stores
  • Educational discounts do not apply to refurb products.
  • Refurb products come with the same warranty as new products, and qualify for AppleCare
  • Refurb products have a changed serial number that identifies them as refurbished
  • Refurb products come with whatever OS version and software they originally shipped with as new
  • Refurb products come with the same items in the box as new products, only the box is a plain one, not the new box.
  • A refurb product could have some cosmetic signs of prior use, but rarely do
  • A refurb Mac may have some cycles on the battery, but not a significant enough amount to affect usable life
  • The refurb store inventory changes frequently, sometimes several times a day, and doesn't have any direct relation to upcoming product releases. What's available in the refurb store is determined by what has been returned to Apple.
  • If you're looking for a particular item, refurb.me can alert you when it becomes available.

Klae17

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 15, 2011
  • Apple Certified Refurbished Products are only available from the Apple Refurb Store and are not sold by any 3rd party or local Apple stores
  • Refurb products come with the same warranty as new products, and qualify for AppleCare
  • Refurb products have a changed serial number that identifies them as refurbished
  • Refurb products come with whatever OS version and software they originally shipped with as new
  • Refurb products come with the same items in the box as new products, only the box is a plain one, not the new box.
  • A refurb Mac may have some cycles on the battery, but not a significant enough amount to affect usable life
  • The refurb store inventory changes frequently, sometimes several times a day, and doesn't have any direct relation to upcoming product releases. What's available in the refurb store is determined by what has been returned to Apple.
  • If you're looking for a particular item, refurb.me can alert you when it becomes available.

Wow thanks for the info. I'm in USA.

Do the Macs qualify for the $100 Mac App Store credit?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Wow thanks for the info. I'm in USA.

Do the Macs qualify for the $100 Mac App Store credit?
No, refurb Macs don't qualify.

Apple Back to School - Buy a Mac with Education pricing and get $100 worth of apps - Apple Store (U.S.)
How to get your gift card:
Buy a qualifying Mac or iPad from the Apple Online Store for Education, the Apple Retail Store, or an Apple Authorized Campus Store, and you’ll receive your Back to School Gift Card with your purchase.

OsloBergen

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2010
http://www.powermax.com

This is a place I and some friends have used before. Good selection and decent prices. They're local for me, so being able to go in and talk to people may have had something to do with the pleasant experience. Also, there shouldn't be any sales tax if that matters.

Cheffy Dave

macrumors 68030
Good ol GGJ!

Just the facts, nuttin but da facts, and all correct!

----------

And they won't die, buy with extreme confidence!:rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.