Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

k3roro

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 28, 2010
Hi MRers,

I have a trip coming up and was thinking about purchasing a couple of season of TV to watch on the plane / airport.

I have an iPhone 4s, but I'm wondering if it would make sense to purchase the HD version over the SD version. If there is no noticeable difference because it's on such a small screen, I'd much rather save $$$/space and buy the SD version.

Thanks,
NP

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Hi MRers,

I have a trip coming up and was thinking about purchasing a couple of season of TV to watch on the plane / airport.

I have an iPhone 4s, but I'm wondering if it would make sense to purchase the HD version over the SD version. If there is no noticeable difference because it's on such a small screen, I'd much rather save $$$/space and buy the SD version.

Thanks,
NP

it is less noticeable on the smaller screen, but still very noticeable.

RocketRed

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2012

I'd buy the HD version if money is not an issue.

If iPhones do get bigger screens, the difference between SD and HD naturally becomes increasingly noticeable.

k3roro

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 28, 2010
I'd buy the HD version if money is not an issue.

If iPhones do get bigger screens, the difference between SD and HD naturally becomes increasingly noticeable.

Well... $29.99 vs $39.99, that extra $10 is kind of a bit when the show is only $30. If I buy 3 seasons of SD I essentially get 1 free season of SD free as opposed to HD.

----------

I wish there as a screenshot showing the differences between the two.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.