Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

raptus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2012
Copenhagen, Denmark
Hey everyone,

I'm looking forward to visiting the U.S. for the first time in a few weeks. One of the things I'm excited about is to visit a "real" Apple Store (only got ASPs here), and preferably both the Grand Central and the 5th avenue stores. Well, that may be a little too much worshipping, but you get my point.

Anyway, I just discovered that Apple has started selling refurbished iPads, and that they're available for personal pickup in Apple Stores. So I was wondering if, as a foreigner, I can use that particular service, and order a refurbished iPad of my choice to pick up at a store at my leisure? Or would I need a permanent address and a U.S. credit card etc.? Wouldn't mind saving an extra 50 bucks on retail. :-D

vpndev

macrumors 6502
May 11, 2009
remember that tax will be added

I don't know about the requirements for personal pickup, especially with regard to a refurb.

But do remember that prices in the U.S. do NOT include sales tax. You will have to pay that, at the appropriate rate for the location of the store. The tax rate varies from State to State and sometimes from county to county.

raptus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2012
Copenhagen, Denmark
good to know

thanks, I'll keep that in mind. Even so, picking up an iPad 3 as a souvenir is still a bargain in the U.S. compared to here :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.