Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video

Old Feb 16, 2013, 12:04 PM   #1
n8mac
macrumors 6502

Export multiple iMovie projects to one DVD?

Is there a way using iLife 06 to export multiple iMove HD projects into one iDVD project?

I have many iMovie projects but want them all on one or two DVDs. I know you can export each movie at full quality and import them one by one in iDVD but I was wanting to save HD space and time. I have already exported all my movies compressed using h.264 .mov and them burned them in iDVD and they look terrible. I'm worried about how much HDD space I would have left after exporting all my movies uncompressed.

Thanks
Nathan
n8mac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2013, 03:06 PM   #2
Dave Braine
macrumors 68020

Quote:
I know you can export each movie at full quality and import them one by one in iDVD
That's the only way, as each Share to iDVD from separate iMovie Projects, produces a separate iDVD Project.

Quote:
I'm worried about how much HDD space I would have left after exporting all my movies uncompressed.
Get an external drive(they are pretty cheap these days) and export them uncompressed.

Anyway, it's recommended advice to do movie editing on an external drive, to prevent undue wear and tear on your internal drive, due to the constant read/write activity during editing.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 04:32 PM   #3
n8mac
macrumors 6502

Okay, thanks for the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Braine View Post
Get an external drive(they are pretty cheap these days) and export them uncompressed.

Anyway, it's recommended advice to do movie editing on an external drive, to prevent undue wear and tear on your internal drive, due to the constant read/write activity during editing.
I have a G5 with two drives, one for movies only. I guess one reason my space is being taken up so fast is I keep everything; the original shoots, the projects, and the exports. Bit of a file pack rat. I guess I need to let go of the projects after awhile then.
n8mac is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video