Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slayer666

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 26, 2012
Sorry for sounding a bit dumb but what is the difference between personal hot spot and Mywi I really want to buy Mywi but want know the significant difference. Thanks for any help

Last edited:

Z06jerry

macrumors regular
Feb 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Sorry for sounding a bit dumb but what is the difference between personal hot and Mywi I really want to buy Mywi but want know the significant difference. Thanks for any help

You might want to check out PdaNet too. Apple has not accepted PdaNet into the App Store since it avoids your carrier's tether plan. You will need to jailbreak your iPhone and install it through Cydia.

http://junefabrics.com/iphone/index.php

BFizzzle

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2010
Austin TX
AT&T can tell if you are tethering using any of the 3 apps mentioned here.

Once must be careful not to tether too much or AT&T will send them a nasty-gram.

that sucks, i havent gotten any through tether me. I pretty much concluded i dont care if att takes away my unlimited. I mean they throttle me at 3gb, so if i get my unlimted away ill have 3gb tiered. Pretty much the same thing haha. I cant wait for sprint to activate LTE here, then im jumping ship.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
that sucks, i havent gotten any through tether me. I pretty much concluded i dont care if att takes away my unlimited. I mean they throttle me at 3gb, so if i get my unlimted away ill have 3gb tiered. Pretty much the same thing haha. I cant wait for sprint to activate LTE here, then im jumping ship.

Have you considered Straight Talk (an AT&T MVNO) ?

They have no tethering rules (that I know of)

iMrNiceGuy0023

macrumors 68000
Jun 5, 2009
I stopped using MyWi, which worked great, after threatened to take away my unlimited data. I never tethered heavily, just to my iPad, never anything heavy

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.