Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

q64ceo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2010
How smooth is airplay going from an iPad 3 to an ATV3 with DisplayOut?

I have an iPad 2 and beam my HBO Go app from my iPad to my Apple TV, but it is not always a smooth playback.

Also, if anyone has a Time Warner crash fix (TWC app crashes with DisplayOut installed. Works fine Jailbroken with xCon) I would be most appreciative. But, I doubt there is a solution, so I am just taking a shot in the dark on this one.

chickenwingfly

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2012
Why would you use DisplayOut and as a matter of fact, how, if it's supposed to connect to a monitor or something?

Anyway, this might not help much but I've streamed 1080p via the 4s and the iPad 3 to the ATV3 (either with regular Airplay and with mirroring) and it works smooth as silk.

Che Castro

macrumors 603
May 21, 2009
Why would you use DisplayOut and as a matter of fact, how, if it's supposed to connect to a monitor or something?

Anyway, this might not help much but I've streamed 1080p via the 4s and the iPad 3 to the ATV3 (either with regular Airplay and with mirroring) and it works smooth as silk.

Because some apps like hbogo & amazon only airplay audio and no video

Displayout lets you do videos with those apps

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
How smooth is airplay going from an iPad 3 to an ATV3 with DisplayOut?

I have an iPad 2 and beam my HBO Go app from my iPad to my Apple TV, but it is not always a smooth playback.

Also, if anyone has a Time Warner crash fix (TWC app crashes with DisplayOut installed. Works fine Jailbroken with xCon) I would be most appreciative. But, I doubt there is a solution, so I am just taking a shot in the dark on this one.

You could give a try to UnrestrictPremium ( http://www.ijailbreak.com/cydia/unrestrictpremium-cydia-tweak-ios/ ). It might be better than DisplayOut - dunno as I haven't tested the former. (I did the latter on the iPad 3 but over a composite wired connection only. Didn't deliver very good framerates.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.