Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Aug 9, 2012, 06:32 PM   #1
VolceOntra
macrumors regular

Anyone having problems with Messages?

I searched and checked out of couple threads, couldn't find something like this:

First time, it shows an error with an exclamation point. Regardless of who I sent it to and regardless if the message is just plain text, picture, or video.
2nd time, it sends just fine.

This is only a problem under ML and everything is normal on iOS.

Any ideas/suggestions?
VolceOntra is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2012, 10:31 PM   #2
paul117
macrumors regular

i sometimes get this on my mac and iphone and ipad.... usually caused by my internet connection when my speed gets slowed from going over my limit.... i also have other issues like when i start my computer and messages starts it will quit with an error or i will simply have issues sending and receiveing files.
paul117 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2012, 10:40 PM   #3
heydrew
macrumors newbie

Yes.
About 12 hours ago my messages stopped going through on both my iPhone and my macbook. I just get the generic: "Your Message Could not be Sent"
Old Aug 10, 2012, 02:30 AM   #4
thasan
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydrew View Post
Yes.
About 12 hours ago my messages stopped going through on both my iPhone and my macbook. I just get the generic: "Your Message Could not be Sent"
maybe its still the old problem? u know...if u clear all the previous messages, things used to get better in the old imessage.
thasan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2012, 03:35 AM   #5
Skoopman
macrumors 6502

Messages worked fine for me after I upgraded to ML. I did a clean install and now it doesn't work anymore. I can send an iMessage to a clients iPhone, but not to his Mac. I just get the exclamation mark. Weird.. Tried to change my password, used a VPN and the Google DNS, nothing works.
Skoopman is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion