Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices

Old Aug 10, 2012, 01:18 AM   #1
Orange Furball
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to Orange Furball
Power input help?

I have this cheap Android tablet that a "friend" left at the house. After the day they left it they don't answer calls or anything. Its been three months and they haven't tried to get this tablet back, so I figure its mine now morally wrong, but I don't even know where they live anymore so I might as well use it. Only problem is I don't have a power adapter for it.

On the back it says

Quite an odd combo I think.

Anyway I have one adapter with a plug that fits, but it says so that won't work. But I have another adapter that says only problem is that the plug not the right size.

Can I run the tablet if I switch the plugs on the adapters? I don't use them for anything. The amps are to low on the adapter, and I don't know what amps means, so maybe it won't work. The way I see it is it won't fry because there are less amps than it requires, so it will just charge slowly.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 02:03 PM   #2
Orange Furball
macrumors 65816

Nothing?

Here is my question so you don't have to read the OP. Can I charge a tablet that requires 5v DC 2.5A on a charger that has 5v DC 1.5A?

Thanks!
Old Aug 10, 2012, 02:25 PM   #3
cynics
macrumors 603

Yeah, just use the 5v AC adapter with the plug that works.

Story seems suspicious though. Friend left it there, and moved away to an unknown to you location? Lol
cynics is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2012, 03:00 PM   #4
Orange Furball
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynics View Post
Yeah, just use the 5v AC adapter with the plug that works.

Story seems suspicious though. Friend left it there, and moved away to an unknown to you location? Lol
Haha believe me the whole story is quite messed up. It also involves him divorcing his wife and basically abandoning his son. Oh well!
Old Aug 10, 2012, 05:21 PM   #5
Orange Furball
macrumors 65816

It works! Doesn't charge but I'll probably just stick it in the kitchen for recipes. Its not good for much else, there's no play store and its not very snappy, but simple text based pages should be fine
Old Aug 10, 2012, 07:45 PM   #6
Jessica Lares
macrumors 603

Does it not have a microUSB adapter?

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices